- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- I might need to reread this one. I read it more than once as a kid.
- Look what happened when the NYC Public Library ended late fees.
- “You are the Chosen One” and the Dark Overlord has some good points to make.
- A fish that looks like a sweet potato.
- The sequel to the Ever Given in the Suez Canal!
- Some cursed facts about Lake Superior.
- A computer ad from 1980.
- Some trivia about the movie When Harry Met Sally.
- “Real or April Fools’: Dyson air purifying noise cancelling headphones“.
- Doppelgangers but not twins.
- This is a quilt?!
- If you’re looking for some unusual prints to hang, her etsy is janethillstudio. I may have two Miss Mink prints coming for my bedroom…
- Some cool theaters.
- Maple syrup Pepsi?! (April Fools?!)
- “‘Air jeans’“.
- EWWW. Glad this never took off.
- This can’t be a real ad.
- Neither can this. Can it?!
- Absolutely not.
- *blink blink*
- This just reads SOOOOO differently 70+ years later.
- And this.
- AND THIS.
- So does this, plus it looks like the start of a horror movie.
- The beginning of the end.
- “What if great scientists had special moves?“
- “Rating the poodle emojis“.
Every War Has Two Losers: William Stafford on Peace and War by William Stafford. This is probably best for fans of Stafford’s poetry. Until I read this, I had no idea the US had camps for conscientious objectors during World War II. Strangely, that was never mentioned in history class…
Sometimes Mayhem and Harry can just quietly co-exist, no squishing involved!
5 thoughts on “Linkity’s gotta whole lotta “WHA…?” going on”
So many nopes!
As for the fridge… I used to have a dishwasher that had a decorator panel in it that was black on one side and white on the other, so you could change the color of the door just by pulling out the panel and turning it around. I actually thought it was a pretty great idea! And of course, you could cover one side with wallpaper or contact paper or whatever, if you really wanted a custom look.
On a previous episode, I commented that I’d rather live the pretty caves than the ugly houses. This time I’d rather live in the Mayonnaise Jello than the ugly houses.
I was impressed by the Hairpiece, but I think they could have glued it down a bit better around the nipple.
I think Ovaltine missed a bet on their ad. How about Ovaltine and Jack Daniels? “Go to bed stiff, and wake up GAY!”
I love that the guy is looking down the shorts of the handstander, but the handstander is not looking up his robe – oops, I mean SUN TOGA. I guess Austin Reed thought it might look GAY if he did?
I think the Air Jeans were only sold to a few Air Guitarists?
Compliments on tracing the path of Inhalation Technology from the Electric Air Freshener to the Air Purifying headphones. I’m going to send Dyson an idea for their ads: “Whether you’re a Squeeky-Cheek Reeker, Whistle Whiffer, Big Bang Bun Beater, or even the Silent But Deadly type, just give your friends and co-workers our new Air Purifying Sound Cancelling Earphones, and they’ll never know! Unless their eyes water – but we’re working on that too!
The Shimmering Lime Jelly Roll Salad (“You mold it in a can!”) is 1000% more terrifying than either the eyeball cushions or the aesthetics of the Creature From The Black Lagoon bedroom in the Big Bear Lake cabin. Imagine eating the Jelly Roll Salad while lying in bed there. A block hole of Awful would open and swallow you.
The dark lord and the chosen one, damn
I never read The Forgotten Beasts of Eld, but I think I need to. I’ve been wanting to read more McKillip, I’m just never sure where to start.
That fish looks even more like a sweet potato than I had imagined it could.
Wow. Those ads are just… wow.
Always good to see the kitties getting along! Scritches to all.
A recent post from Nicole..Hopefully Not Foolish Linkity