- Linkity from Smart Bitches. Some more linkity. Cover snark.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- “Understanding Poetry”.
- Toni Morrison on some “art” in her bathroom.
- “14 books for a more inclusive look at history”.
- ‘Tis true (make sure you read the tags).
- Discworld characters in the style of the Sgt Pepper album cover.
- Download a free Good Omens coloring zine.
Think, Do, Learn, Make
- “Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man” from Emmanuel Acho. (Thanks, Nicole!)
- The King Arthur Baking Company is doing quite well this year.
- Beware herbivores.
- Who knew I had a least-favorite dolphin. And a least-favorite caterpillar.
- I guess if you see one of these out and about, run.
- “You are not better than people in the South: A response to regional biases and ‘liberal safe haven’ elitism”.
- A microaggression in action.
- This is how to check yourself.
- “…John Oliver deep-dives into America’s refusal to view our own history accurately”.
- “Kickass women in history: Ogino Ginko”.
Life in These Pandemic Times
- The return of wine windows.
- San Francisco, 1918.
- Sir, I’m pretty sure you’re wearing that WRONG.
- “Sir, we admire your optimism”.
- “Designer creates shot-for-shot remake of 2001: A Space Odyssey‘s final scene in quarantine”.
- Ah, must be the glow keeping me awake at night, leaving me so exhausted…
- Many salad recipes.
- Waffled tofu.
- 5-ingredient fudge pops.
- Black magic chocolate cake with best white icing. (via The Kitchn)
Cool or Wha…?
- Dumpster fire light-up vinyl figure.
- 45 “brags he’s trying to sabotage the postal service to rig the election”. Wait, didn’t everyone see this coming?! Related – “Ode to Putin”.
- Creepiest “wings” ever. Cannot be unseen.
- Lil’ Nitro.
- Talking to cats who are concerned they are out of food when they can see the bottom of the bowl.
- It’s Chaos, reverse-image style!
- Chaos would absolutely have done this as a kitten, given the chance.
- Without crowds in the arenas, people working for the NHL have to keep themselves entertained somehow.
- Tweets from Jurassic Park.
- “This post is a journey”.
- “Facts” about whales from an AI.
- Nothing attracts a crowd like…
- Florida man…
- “When we all have pocket telephones…“
- Thanks for the reminder, NPS!
Tuesday Mooney Talks to Ghosts by Kate Racculia. Very good novel with elements of the supernatural. It reminded me a bit of The Westing Game.
The Library of Lost and Found by Phaedra Patrick. A mousy woman inadvertently begins a life changing journey as she tries to find out the story behind a mysterious book that appears to have been written by her grandmother, but with an impossible publication date.
“If my eyes ARE looking in two different directions, it’s rude to point it out, Mom!!!” -Mayhem