- New releases: AAR (romance)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches. More.
- Linkity from ReaderWriterVille. More.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- Browser extension that checks to see if your library has a book you’re looking considering buying online. Here’s where you can find both the Firefox and Chrome versions.
- 8 reading recommendations with canon asexual representation.
- “How fan fiction influenced my reading“.
- The fashion history of Clint Barton/Hawkeye. (I… had only seen the Fraction/Aja iteration. I am, as they say, shook.)
- Good Omens in 35,000 dominoes. (And Neil Gaiman’s reaction.)
- Harry Potter characters as Troubled Birds.
Make, Think, Learn, Do
- Bill Nye, then and now. (And the extended gif set version of the last gif.)
- The sand sculpture that summarizes the state of the US.
- The FDA wants to reduce food waste by changing how companies use expiration dates on their products.
- Is this the new goal of TV and movies?
- I’m a sucker for bags that convert between shoulder bags and backpacks – I have this bag, and it’s pretty great.
- Asthma effects of segregation in California.
- A Times Square billboard started on fire.
- Vintage public domain cat photos.
- Who was Tomoe Gozen?
- Guide to stir frying.
- Pad thai with pork and shrimp.
- Broccoli quesadillas.
- Zucchini pesto pasta with mushrooms.
- Easy rhubarb crisp.
- It’s almost time for ICAD (Index-Card-A-Day) 2019! Some warm-up activities.
- 15 free patterns for handmade books.
- Linkity from knittyBlog.
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- Obviously I need to go to Bell Museum!
- What if an EMT was a necromancer but didn’t realize?
- “A sentient AI falls in love with a minimum wage retail worker…“
- Entirely for the tiny “ta-da”.
- Best animal adoption video or best animal adoption video?
- QWERTY keyboard art.
- Branching art.
- Astronomical sphere ring.
- Four Avengers’ stars in an Avengers-themed escape room.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Some of the Twin Cities metro area cities as characters from The Breakfast Club.
- “Sweater of the Panther“.
Greywalker, Poltergeist, Underground, and Vanished (Greywalker 1-4) by Kat Richardson. Good urban fantasy series about a private investigator who, after being clinically dead for two minutes, finds herself drawn into the Grey – a world alongside ours, but filled with magic and the paranormal. The writing is very “noir” (choppy, declarative sentences in first person POV), which took me a while to settle into.
Things Are What You Make of Them: Life Advice for Creatives by Adam J Kurtz. What it says on the tin. Very short.
International (Monster Hunter #1) by Larry Correia. B-movie monster hunting gun p0rn.
Feet of Clay (Discworld #19), Jingo (Discworld #21), The Fifth Elephant (Discworld #24), Night Watch (Discworld #29), and Thud! (Discworld #34) by Terry Pratchett. I love Sam Vines and the Night Watch.
Reaper Man (Discworld #11) and Soul Music (Death #16) by Terry Pratchett. In the first, Death gets fired and has an existential crisis. In the second, Death doesn’t get fired and has an existential crisis.
“If it stops raining, will there be MORE birds??” -Mayhem