- New releases: AAR (romance)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- Cover snark from Smart Bitches.
- Anne Frank’s diary has two hidden pages. (via Book Riot)
- How to get started reading Ray Bradbury.
- A graphic novel biography of Stephen Hawking will be available in 2019.
- Trailer for a documentary about Ursula K Le Guin.
- “I see my queer self in Murakami’s magical realism“.
- Book-themed journal prompts.
- 25 quotes from Margaret Atwood.
- “Badass gifts for profane book lovers“.
Do, Learn, Make, Think
- Very simple (in cartoon form) look at how statistics can be used to make things sound much better than they actually are.
- “EST and EDT are different time zones“. (Hey, I work in telecom – time zones are a big deal!)
- How to resize picture frames from the thrift store without a lot of tools.
- A solution for warm weather thigh chafing.
- What Nazism actually is.
- You go, #ResistanceGenealogy!
- “Why do we have butts?“
- Be careful with your proximity keys, people! (The title’s kind of over-the-top, but there are some good points to remember in the article, so.)
- “Is hummus good for you?“
- “100,000 video game players helped prove Einstein wrong“.
- How the brand-new expansion team Las Vegas Golden Knights got good enough to still be in the NHL Playoffs (3rd round). (Most successful expansion team of any sport, ever.)
- Marinated feta beet salad.
- Broccoli and feta pasta salad.
- 9 recipes for salads for dinner.
- 30 recipes you can make with a can of chickpeas.
- Strawberry quinoa salad.
- Refried hummus.
- Brown butter rhubarb cake with crumb topping.
- Elderflower lemon cake.
- Coffee walnut cake.
- Victoria sponge sandwich cake.
- Lemon drizzle cake.
- Tips for setting yourself up for success with The 100 Day Project.
- The Index-Card-A-Day Challenge starts June 1!
- Linkity from knittyBlog.
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- If you watch the whole thing, it is indeed eerie at the end.
- “The shapes of ideas“.
- Mother’s Day themed linkity from BookWyrmKnits.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- A wearable that records everything you miss when you are blinking.
- Star Wars fan film about an artisanal light saber maker.
- A novel way to keep squirrels out of a bird feeder.
- Resentful Pluto.
- Sheep blep.
- Glasses exchange…
- Barbie on Cake Wrecks.
Cowboys Are My Weakness by Pam Houston. Rereading is such a funny thing. I haven’t reread this for at least 20 years and remembered loving it – it really resonated with me then. Now? Not so much.
Once Upon a Piece of Paper: A Visual Guide to Collage Making by Andrea D’Aquino. Not much text at all, so it’s a fast read, and I got some great inspiration from it. But I can’t say that it was worth the price of purchase – maybe if I used every scrap of paper in the “paper to collage” pad that came with the book, but my track record on such things isn’t good.
My Monster Notebook by John Harris. Pretty good kids’ book about mythological monsters. (I have this to cut apart for collage and inadvertently read it.)
*staring into opposite distances* -Chaos & Mayhem
Small cat in the big cat bed, big cat in the small cat bed…