- New releases: Tor.com (scifi, fantasy)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- “A condensed comic version of Madeleine L’Engle’s A Wrinkle in Time“.
- Winnie-the-Pooh quotes.
- Jane Austen quotes.
- Quotes about libraries.
- Leia and Han as Beatrice and Benedick.
- 10 cool librarian shirts.
- Haiku I wrote.
Do, Make, Learn, Think
- “The real history of Daylight Savings Time“. Plus “How to fend off Daylight Savings Time fatigue“.
- The NASA Guide to Air-Filtering Houseplants (plus a link to what plants are toxic to cats and dogs).
- What’s up in NASA land for March.
- Thundersnow (we had it earlier this week, too).
- Some bad news about Omega3s.
- Trailer for the Ruth Bader Ginsburg documentary.
- A new penguin “supercolony” has been discovered.
- 23 make-ahead lunches.
- Slow cooker chili verde.
- Chicken taco chili.
- Huesvos rancheros casserole.
- 30 easy vegetarian breakfasts.
- Savory sweet potato and parmesan muffins.
- Magical molten chocolate cake.
- To remember.
- Solar system and planets embroidery.
- Walker Sculpture Garden in the snow.
- Merriam-Webster’s time traveler page – what words were first used in print the same year you were born? For me: found poem, gastroesophageal reflux, big hair, bunny slope, art deco, multitasking, panic attack, paperless, ripple effect, unisex, zit… and many more.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- NSFWish space headlines.
- Arwen, the extraordinarily naughty dog.
- Texas Cowboy Poetry post at Cake Wrecks.
Art Journal Your Archetypes: Mixed-Media Techniques for Finding Yourself by Gabrielle Javier-Cerulli. My favorite part of this book was the archetypes quiz. I think that mine were spot on, too: artist, student, detective, engineer, rebel, scribe, and hermit.
Collage with Color: Create Unique, Expressive Collages in Vibrant Color by Jane Davies. Very good explanation of creating your own painted papers with watercolor and acrylic, then using those papers in collage. I liked the instruction parts of the book, but not so much the finished products.
“Are you sure those snowflakes aren’t really birds?!” -Mayhem