- Blodeuedd’s giving away a copy ofÂ Back to Your Love by Kianna Alexander. Closes April 16. US Only.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- Pens and science.
- A picture I took recently.
- “41 ways to have a more bookish spring“.
- When you forget the word for something… (via maderr)
- When manicures meet books.
- When cakes meet books.
- On bullet journaling.
Do, Think, Make, Learn
- Things to remember on all social media.
- Why do shoes come untied?
- Meet Synalpheus pinkfloydi.
- How cephalopods evolve.
- “New research shows that too much time on Facebook could be making you sad“.
- Tour the dying malls of the US.
- If you still have a LiveJournal, be aware of some changes since its servers were relocated to Russia…
- Almond butter granola.
- Carrot souffle.
- Greek-style tuna salad.
- Cheesy hashbrown breakfast casserole.
- Roasted asparagus grilled cheese. (via The Kitchn)
- 10 easy slow cooker chicken dinners.
- Loaded black bean nachos.
- Passover sponge cake with tiger nut flour.
- Flourless chocolate and almond layer cake.
- Bittersweet chocolate chocolate chip cookies.
- If you’d like to participate in a yarnbombing at the Minnesota State Fair…
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- Structures of the World.
- Watch parts sculptures. (Nicole! You must see the dragon!!)
- Adopt part of the planet.
- “She persisted“.
- Chris Riddell’s illustrated “The Bewlay Brothers” (David Bowie).
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Candy-flavored string cheese.
- Burger King’s stupid commercial goes wrong for them. Google fixed the issue… and Burger King changed their commercial to cause the issue again. ~rolls eyes~
- Nicolas Cage cookie.
- Belle statue made from Peeps.
- Am I the only one who thinks that building a stabbing robot could go terribly wrong?
- “Republicans compare Lincoln to Hitler and Trump to MLK. What is even happening? -Mass hysteria“.
- Most common dog commands.
- All about hockey, based on tumblr, “not watching any games for longer than 15 minutes”, and guessing.
- That terrible Pepsi commercial, fixed.
- Autocorrect and smells.
- Baby Bighorn sheep! Kittens! Baby penguins! Kittens! Cheetahs and babies! Baby clouded leopard! Baby meerkat!
McLuhan for Beginners by W. Terrance Gordon & Susan Willmarth. A relatively easy-to-digest visual introduction to Marshall McLuhan’s work in media studies.
The Victoria Vanished (Bryant & May #6) by Christopher Fowler. DNF. I think I’ve just run out of steam on this series. Tapping out.
The Artist’s Library: A Field Guide by Laura Damon-Moore & Erinn Batykefer. Pretty good look at ways artists (visual artists, performing artists, musicians, etc) can use public libraries as resources and inspiration. The first half was the most interesting for me and had some great journaling/creativity prompts that I’ll be trying.
How to Be Human: Diary of an Autistic Girl by Florida Frenz. What is says in the title. It’s good, but pretty short. My favorite part was the forward, in which Frenz really nailed how it feels to be autistic.
9 thoughts on “On Friday, linkity has Friday on its mind”
omg, the hockey rudown That’s genius. I can’t stop laughing.
“I have been interested in hockey for dozens of days, now, so I like to think of myself as something of an expert on the subject. “
Yeah, because what a stabbing robot needs is MORE FORCE!
Thanks for the shoutout 🙂
A recent post from blodeuedd..The Guns of Empire – Django Wexler
I didn’t expect the Solar System in a bottle to be “some assembly required”. I’d imagined a ship in a bottle, only with a solar system. The sun and gas giants would be larger than the bottle opening. And maybe an anatomically correct Atlas holding up the heavens. Yes, that would be nice.
Chris- some of those chicken recipes look amazing. I’m a huge fan of the slow cooker.
A recent post from Lorraine..Spring is Kitten Season
A most excellent linkety.
I watched the entire NdGT interview, put his book on my Audible wish list, and started searching eBay for calligraphic pens. Score! Also: started following the structuresoftheworld on IG.
Saving NdeG Tyson for later. Trying to resist buying the solar system for a five year old. Maybe if I glue the top on…
I’m glad I have no devices set to respond to audio commands.