- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance), Dear Author (romance), Smart Bitches (romance), AAR (romance), and Tor.com (fantasy, scifi, genre-benders)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches. Cover snark from Smart Bitches.
- Ted Kooser on keeping a journal.
- Sunita shares how she does morning pages.
- Lloyd Alexander on favorite books.
- Optical illusion bookstore. (via neil-gaiman)
- Very large bookcase.
- 50 bookends.
- Leonardo da Vinci fountain pen.
- “7 things I learned in 7 years of reading, writing, and living“.
- Famous poems rewritten as limericks.
- “Two medieval monks invent bestiaries“. (via bronwyngreenauthor)
- How writing a novel actually works.
Do, Think, Learn, Make
- “Depression-busting exercise tips for people too depressed to exercise“. (via gilajames)
- 17 unusual June holidays.
- “How long would it take to fall through the earth?“
- Consumer Reports has made its mosquito repellent rankings free.
- “Huge adult ideas taught to us by weird movies“.
- The US has new Pluto stamps.
- 18 strawberry recipes.
- Upside-down taco bowl.
- Upside-down steak dinner bowl.
- Upside-down chicken curry bowl.
- Upside-down BBQ chicken bowl.
- Salmon burger with avocado aioli.
- Rhubarb compote.
- Chai-spiced popcorn bars.
- Baked banana bread doughnuts with milk chocolate glaze. (via wilwheaton)
Cool or Wha…?
- Vitruvian Man action figure.
- Star Trek swimming suits.
- Working LEGO chainsaw.
- Coffee and tea brewing alarm clock.
- Feel old. (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
- “Guide to figuring out the age of an undated world map“. (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
- Black kitties are weird.
- Wow. Apparently I found nothing cute this week. O.O
“Hmph. I don’t care that it’s getting warmer out, Mom – you should still sit with the fleecy blanket over your legs so the big kitty and me can nap on you.” -Mayhem