- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance) and Dear Author (romance).
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Haruki Murakami’s workspace.
- 15 writerly quotes from Kurt Vonnegut.
- Favorite books of 20 famous “nerd heroes”.
- Who can tell me what Minneapolis bookstore this is?! It isn’t Magers & Quinn.
- Bookish art from Tumblr.
- Excellent response to the old “What are you reading?” question.
- Kindle Cover Disasters has an interview with one of their regulars.
Think, Learn, Do, Make
- The Drinkable Book.
- “Can you play? The NHL and marketing to the LGBT community“.
- Major breakthrough in ALS research because of the Ice Bucket Challenge!
- July 2015 – the hottest month in recorded history.
- “The psychology of fandom: Why we get attached to fictional characters“.
- “15 groovy science music videos“.
- 15 tidbits about kraken.
- Things you might be surprised you can take on airplanes.
- If you’ve ever wanted a luggage-eye view of the airport…
- “Table salt is also sea salt“.
- Very berry smoothy breakfast cookies. (via anna-sugarfairy)
- Baked oatmeal cups.
- Sweet potato veggie burgers.
- Fried cauliflower rice.
- Vegetable jambalaya.
- Arctic char rice bowl. (via The Kitchn)
- Slow cooker chicken enchilada soup.
- 20 five-ingredient chicken dinner recipes.
- “Low-rent” tuna poke bowl.
- Fresh peach frozen yogurt.
- Bee sting cake.
- Cherry chip cake.
- The Mississippi River passing through Minneapolis in 1955. (via stuffaboutminneapolis)
- Mad Max: Fury Road recreated with go-karts.
- Jurassic World recreated with LEGO.
- Lovely video of the coast.
- Tour forests and mountains from the air.
- Cat bookends.
- Yes, this.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- S’more bench. (via stuffaboutminnesota)
- The Star Wars Collection from Covergirl.
- Star Wars car floor mats. (via The Mary Sue)
- Centaur anatomy art.
- Weeping Angel string lights.
- Who thought this was a good idea?!
- Actual pumpkin in Starbucks’ pumpkin spice lattes?! *gasp*
- Contraband cheese ring?
- Beer jelly.
- Turn a Barbie into a Swiss Army knife.
- “10 times autocorrect almost ruined summer“.
- Creepy Cake Wrecks.
- A very short film about Minnesota.
- The fourth largest religion is not what you’d expect.
- Creative inflight safety videos.
- New Simon’s Cat!
Living Out Loud: Activities to Fuel a Creative Life by Keri Smith. Ok short activity book about how to bring more creativity into your life, which apparently involves a lot of stickers and vaguely New Agey sentiments. I did like the directions (page 61) for how to make a wee book from a single sheet of paper.
Collage, Paint, Draw: Explore Mixed Media Techniques and Materials by Sue Pelletier. Ok collage how-to book that’s not particularly relevant to collage for art journaling, as it focuses on creating works that are not flat. (I don’t see myself using plaster-of-paris or 18-gauge wire in my art journal.) Plus I found the artist’s style repetitive – mostly dresses, Mary Janes, and birds.
*continuing to be enthralled* -Chaos
(Spoiler: It’s a branch. Not a bird. Not a squirrel. A branch.)
6 thoughts on “Linkity largesse”
Chris- I’m one of those people who doesn’t really care what’s in a PSL- I like’em.
Have a great weekend!
A recent post from lorraine..A Dedicated Follower of Fashion
Ohhh sour cream enchiladas sounds fantastic!
A recent post from blodeuedd..The Bone Palace and Kingdoms of Dust – Amanda Downum
Alas, poor Barbie.
Gee, now I don’t need to go see Mad Max or Jurassic World. I’m sure they’d be disappointing after these videos.
A recent post from Cheryl S…China: Terracotta Warriors
My nephew is visiting – 15 now. He showed me all the Dismaland stuff. Very fun.
A recent post from marylou..The mystery of spring gardens
I’m really enjoying the art journal pages. Chaos is such a long boy!
A recent post from mrspao..A chance encounter of a cafe with cats