- Whoops! I missed my eighth blogiversary at the end of November. Oh well.
- I spent a bit of my workday Thursday at urgent care – I’ve had a red, painful, hot, swollen spot on top of my foot since Saturday and I have no idea what it’s from. Doesn’t look like a bite. I haven’t stubbed my toes or dropped anything on my foot, plus there’s no bruising. After xrays and blood tests, a broken bone, gout, and cellulitis were eliminated. Apparently it doesn’t look like rheumatoid or osteoarthritis. The doctor decided maybe it was a low-grade infection and sent me home with antibiotics. Here’s hoping…
- Blodeuedd’s giving away Dangerous Decisions by Margaret Kaine. Closes December 21.
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (UF/romance)
- Eric Arvin, author of gay fiction, is in the hospital and will be there for a while – read more about it and find out how you can help.
- What’s your birthday word? (via mental_floss) Mine’s “computernik”, which obviously didn’t become widely used…
Think, Do, Make, Learn
- If you’ve used a credit or debit card at Target in the past month… What to do when your credit card information is stolen.
- Ewww. Don’t follow that link if you ever want to eat a chicken breast again.
- The FDA is proposing that antibacterial soap manufacturers have a year to prove their products are more effective than plain soap and water, plus are safe for long-term use.
Cool or Wha…?
- Take a test to find out how British you are. (Perhaps unsurprisingly, I scored as American.)
- Baby sand cats! Tiger! Snow leopard and baby! Lions! Black cat! Cheetah and babies! Baby tigers! Baby ocelot! Wet Wylla! Baby lion!
- Falalalala hockey fics!
“Is that a furry rattly mouse I spy?!” -Mayhem