- Joyfully Jay is giving away an ebook copy of The Brat-tastic Jayk Parker by JA Rock. Closes June 7 (t0day) at 11:59 pm.
- The Novel Approach is giving away an ebook copy of either Tarnished Gold or For Men Like Us by Brita Addams. Closes 11:59 pm PDT, June 10.
- The Armchair Reader is giving away an ebook copy of Save the Date by Kate McMurray. Closes June 11 at midnight CDT.
- Kaetrin wonders why people in books don’t just talk to each other (or misunderstandings as plot point).
Think, Learn, Do, Make
- Google Reader: NewsBar (iOS), Reeder and other apps will be supported by Feedly, Feedly update, Curata Reader, Google on why Google Reader is being cut.
- 10 recipes for green beans. (My favorite way is with soy sauce, some peanut sauce, and a dash of sriracha.)
Cool or Wha…?
- Alpaca and baby! Beleaguered cheetah and babies! Tiger! Kitten! Baby skunks! Burrowing owlets! Kittens! Kittens! Kittens! Kittens! Wolves and babies! Black kittens! Baby hummingbird! Fennec! Cat and kitten! Baby cheetahs! Bison! Spoonbill and baby!
Reading Update (I know, I’m as shocked about this as you are)
Unshapely Things (Connor Grey #1) by Mark Del Franco. reread. I originally read this in February 2008. Upon rereading, I definitely appreciated some of the more “old school” urban fantasy elements (harking back to Charles de Lint, Emma Bull, Terri Windling, Tanya Huff, etc), such as the involvement of the Fae and the city/urban environment seeming to almost be a character itself. In this tale of druid who’s lost his powers and helps out the Boston Police Department as best he can, the urban fantasy elements pair interestingly with a first-person noir detective narrative (as with the Dresden Files). On with my reread of the next two books, which is as far as I made it before running out of steam with the genre last time.
Unquiet Dreams (Connor Grey #2) by Mark Del Franco. reread. Very good urban fantasy in which Connor encounters trolls and dwarves and tree spirits, oh my!
Unfallen Dead (Connor Grey #3) by Mark Del Franco. reread. Another good installment in the Connor Grey series. Like orannia, I didn’t think the romantic relationship added anything to the story.
Mayhem impersonating a Dali clock…