- Well Read is giving away a Josephine Myles backlist ebook. Not exactly sure when it closes.
- Eden Winters is giving away two ebook copies of Collusion (Diversion #2) and signed copies of Diversion and Collusion. Closes February 24.
- Kay Berrisford is giving away an ebook copy of Revelations by Julie Lynn Hayes. Closes February 25.
- “Arthur Conan Doyle Estate now being sued to settle whether Sherlock Holmes is in the public domain”.
- Some independent booksellers are suing Amazon and it’s in part due to the popularity of the Kindle format and DRM.
Think, Make, Do, Learn
- History of cup holders in cars. (via Consumerist) (I remember being really annoyed at Ford’s early cup holders because they were about an inch deep and anything you put in them was guaranteed to tip over and spill.)
Cool or Wha…?
- How to deal with negativity… (Hover your cursor above the comic for additional text.)
- My complaint about apps and a lot of mobile versions of websites. (Again with the hovering.)
- I disagree with the tea proportion. Chocolate instead. And I’d have to substitute “meowing like dementors have gotten to him” instead of “peeing”…
- Lioness and babies (thanks, Brigitte)! Baby falcon! First ever footage of wee baby tigers in the wild (via Gizmodo)! Kittens! Baby otter! Cat! Baby jaguar! Baby clouded leopards! Baby quokka! Kitten! Baby jaguars! Polar bear and baby! Baby tigers! Kitten! Baby black panther!
Natural Selection by minor_hue. free online. Good short Merlin-Arthur fanfic in which Arthur’s friends think he should settle down and set him up on a series of horrific blind dates, the only good part of which is waiter Merlin.
Crazy (Natural Selection #2) by minor_hue. free online. Steamy short epilogue to Natural Selection.
Please note that the below are not hockey fanfics…
I’m Every Goalie (In the Crease #0.5) by Carter Quinn. free online. Ok short about a goalie and a d-man on opposing teams who get together every chance they have.
In the Crease (In the Crease #1) by Carter Quinn. free online. Ok short set two years later than I’m Every Goalie. The goalie and the d-man are now playing on the same team, but…
Puck You (Puck You #1) by Elizabeth Jewell. ebook short. Ok short m/m PWP between two fictitious NHL players from opposing teams.
Puck You, Two (Puck You #2) by Elizabeth Jewell. ebook short. So-so short m/m PWP between the guys from the first book.
Puckin’ Right (Puck You #3) by Elizabeth Jewell. ebook short. So-so short m/m PWP in which the two hockey players are now on the same team.
Outta My Crease (Puck You #4) by Elizabeth Jewell. ebook short. Meh short m/m PWP in which the new goalie throws a twist into things.