Congrats to Zanara, who won The Wish (2nd ed) by Eden Winters! The Wish is being released today by Dreamspinner Press. And don’t forget that a new edition of Valentine Wish (Wish #3) is available as a free read today!
- Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words is giving away an ebook copy of Primal Red (Bellingham Mysteries #1) by Nicole Kimberling. Winner selected July 22.
- Joyfully Jay is giving away the following ebooks: your choice from Katey Hawthorne’s Supowerpowered Love series; your choice of Ava March’s Bound series or her Convincing series; or Player and the Prude (Holsum College #4) by Daisy Harris. All contests close at 11:59 pm EDT, July 22.
- Pants Off Reviews is giving away an ebook of your choice. Closes 11:59 pm EDT, July 22.
- Tracy’s giving away an ebook copy of Cold Steel and Hot Lead (How the West Was Done) by Karen Mercury. Closes 7 pm PDT, July 24.
- Pants Off Reviews is giving away an ebook copy of A Life Without You (Boston Boys #1) by Erica Pike. Closes 11:59 pm EDT, July 24.
- Pants Off Reviews is also giving away an ebook copy of Lucius’ Bite (Family of Misfits #1) by K-Lee Klein. Closes 11:59 pm EDT, July 25.
- And Pants Off Reviews is giving away three ebooks from the backlist of Josephine Myles. Closes 11:59 pm EDT, July 26.
- Blodeuedd’s giving away a copy of The Officer Says, “I Do” by Jeanette Murray. Closes August 1. US & Canada.
- New releases and more: Literary Escapism (UF/PNR), Fiction Vixen (romances), AAR (romances), and Book Lovers Inc (romance etc).
- Dear Author on the wider implications of the “Stop the GRs Bullies” site. Some humor about the whole mess from Carolyn Jewel (via Kate) and Anime June (via Experiment BL626).
- Because readers of ebooks have so many choices (and tend to accumulate ebooks faster than we can read them), mainstream publishers threatening to release new books as paper only for the first several months doesn’t necessarily matter to us – we have plenty of other things to read.
Do, Think, Make, Learn
- Chick fil-A’s company president has taken a very public stance against gay marriage. You can make your own Chick fil-A sandwiches at home instead of supporting hate.
- Splitting an Amazon Prime membership four ways (with your “family” members) makes it a lot more palatable…
- The Time of London is demanding it stop raining in the UK. Looks like they have a valid point! (via Yarnerinas)
- 10 recipes for cooking with beer. You can use gluten-free beer…
Cool or Wha…?
- Products that cannot possibly work. (Thanks, Jase!)
- 10 “reasons” to oppose marriage equality. (Thanks, Jeanne!)
- “The actual cast of Star Wars sings ‘Call Me Maybe’“. Then watch the cast of Doctor Who sing “Bohemian Rhapsody”.
- Be careful who you do geology with! (hover your mouse pointer for additional text)
- Internet argument victory. (again with the hovering)
- Make the internet more cat friendly with Meowbify. (Thanks, Jase!)
- Kittens! Baby panda! Baby tigers! Baby moose! Kitten! Egret and babies! Baby tigers! Black kitten! Tiger! Baby black panthers! Baby tigers! Tiger and baby! Tiger! Lion and baby! Lioness and baby! Cheetah and baby! Tiger! Baby snow leopard! Baby lion! Baby tigers! Baby lions! Baby cheetah! Stompers! Baby spoon-billed sandpipers! Kittens! Baby penguin! Flamingos and baby! Kitten! Kitten! Snow leopard! Kitten butt!
Red-Eye Dawn (Turbulence #3) by Jordan Castillo Price. free ebook short. Very good installment of the serial in which Paul starts to freak out about their situation, but gains calm from an unexpected source.
Temporal Driftwood by Stephen Osborne. ebook short. Cute short m/m romance about a guy who’s shown two possible futures for himself… Can he believe he deserves the good one?
An Oral Fixation by Piper Vaughn. free ebook short. Cute short m/m romance about a college student who’s had a crush on his bisexual roommate for years, but the timing hasn’t worked out to say anything about it.
Naked Truth (Sun, Sea & Submission #3) by Kim Dare. ebook short. Good short kinky m/m romance about a nudist who seems determined to disrupt the (closeted at work) life of the Pendragon Hotel’s manager.
Final Atonement (Doug Orlando #1) by Steve Neil Johnson. Good gay mystery set in NYC in the early 90s about a cop, ostracized by his peers for trying to do the right thing, who’s trying to figure out who murdered a universally disliked rabbi.
Player and the Prude (Men of Holsum College #4) by Daisy Harris. ebook. Good m/m romance about a wealthy and slutty business major who takes a bet from a friend to seduce a gawky, repressed film student.
Skin Deep (Gray Zone #3) by Adrienne Wilder. ebook. Pretty good paranormal m/m romance about a guy who returns home one day to discover that his boyfriend is very, very sick… and is then plunged into a nightmarish world he can barely comprehend. This was a very mixed read for me – it’s a Bittersweet Dreams title, so it doesn’t exactly end happily. And I couldn’t quite relate to the main character – many of his actions seemed TSTL to me.
Come Cuddle Me by Missy Welsh. ebook short. Ok short m/m romance about a naive young man who posts his address along with an invitation to “come cuddle me” and is rescued from his foolishness by the bearish neighbor he’s been crushing on.
“I can’t believe you called me a thug, Mom. Look at how sophisticated and refined I am!” -Chaos