- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- Another potential after-the-books future for Harry Potter.
- “Snow Crash showed me the power of physical books“.
- “40+ empowering feminist quotes“.
- Some quotes from A Wrinkle in Time.
- Quote from The Handmaid’s Tale.
- Shakespearian soap.
Think, Learn, Do, Make
- Abigail Disney (yes, THAT Disney) is a One Percenter who has a lot of thoughts about the tax cuts for the wealthy that she neither needed or wanted.
- “Sears’s ‘radical’ past: How mail order catalogues subverted the racial hierarchy of Jim Crow“. (via neighborhoodr-minneapolis)
- “Why do liberals think tRUMP supporters are stupid?“
- Remember that no one gave women suffrage – those kickass historical women took it.
- A critique of makeup culture.
- “How to not get fooled by IKEA’s mind games“.
- “Robocalls and scams are now one-third of all calls“.
- “How would you have died on the Oregon Trail?“
- “Stop shaming consumers for the sins of corporations and their powerful investors“.
- “How to shut down bad-faith ‘debates’ on social media“.
- “The cultural significance of Chris Pine’s penis in Outlaw King“.
- 10 easy breakfast recipes.
- Spaghetti squash.
- 5-ingredient chili.
- Slow-cooker beef and broccoli.
- Cardamom strawberry crisp.
- Fall in Minneapolis. Very pretty.
- We had a little snow over the weekend…
- I would definitely take a picture of that sidewalk inscription, too.
- “…our farm diaries, which are a lot like normal diaries but with more cows.“
- My 1950 Princess typewriter, made in West Germany.
- “10 dreamy coffee shops around the world“.
Cool or Wha…?
- A tenrec, apparently. It looks like a bird-mammal hybrid!
- “Candles that light themselves at the push of a button“.
- Cats through history.
- How cats domesticated themselves.
- Life with cats.
- Bad dog!
- More Pixie and Brutus.
Dragon Justice (Paranormal Scene Investigations #4) by Laura Anne Gilman. Good continuation of this series about a paranormal investigation agency. If you read it, brace yourself. Not everyone on the team makes it to the end.
Volatile Bonds (Prospero’s War #4) by Jaye Wells. Another good addition to this series about a police detective attached to a Federal unit focusing on crime in the city’s supernatural community.
Staying Dead and Curse the Dark (Retrievers 1-2) by Laura Anne Gilman. Good sort of detectivey series about Wren, whose magic leaves her unnoticed by most people, and her partner Sergei, who isn’t magical at all.
Have I mentioned before how glad I am that he never grew into his ears (or paws)?!