- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- Smart Bitches on Madame Tussaud.
- Man with books.
- Oh, that
broodingbroody male protagonist!
- “Frankenstein the book is perhaps one of the greatest pieces of shade in literary history.“
- “any noun can become a verb if you don’t care enough“
Think, Learn, Do, Make
- NASA’s retrospective of some of Opportunity’s discoveries. A retrospective via Twitter. “…and it’s getting dark.” “We’ll go no more a-roving“. I’m not crying, you’re crying. The Mary Sue on Opportunity. It’s official. xkcd (hover cursor/long press for caption).
- “How AO3 built a nonprofit fanfiction empire and safe haven“.
- BOOM. Red hat symbolism. And what “woke” ads mean.
- Elizabeth Warren is running for president!
- Non-toxic pufferfish.
- Behind the whole “so much produce gets wasted because it’s ugly!!!!” thing.
- “Covering the Cuban Revolution with typewriters“.
- Slow cooker buffalo chicken.
- Baked one-pan veggie curry.
- Tom kha kai.
- Slow cooker cinnamon rolls.
- Salted peanut butter pie.
- Frenk silk pie.
- Flourless chocolate cake.
- Hot chocolate cookies.
- A very good quote from Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
- Don’t be disrespecting Gillian Anderson, yo.
- Some dancing Calvin & Hobbes.
- “The internet is full of ghosts.“
- Transformative street art. (Maybe a repeat?!)
- Dogs and bubbles.
- Cross stitch dragon.
- An animated LEGO fan film.
- I contributed the bit on party lines…
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Using patio furniture to measure snow. Or perhaps a pink flamingo?
- February beach life in MN.
- How Minnesotans are waking up without coffee these days…
- A very short writing prompt and response.
- I’m pretty sure I’ve posted this, the best band post ever, but it made me laugh again, so! 🙂
- A very bad pun.
- On bees, from Cake Wrecks.
- On sharing options from xkcd. (Long press/hover cursor for caption.)
Fearless, In Shining Armor, and Legend Has It (Pax Arcana #3-5) by Elliott James. Good series about John Charming, former member of the Knights Templar, not-quite-werewolf, trouble magnet. Book 5 sort of felt like it could be the last book…
Charmed I’m Sure, Don’t Go Chasing Waterfalls, Pushing Luck, Surreal Estate, Dog-Gone, Bulls Rush In, Talking Dirty, and Low Elf Esteem (Pax Arcana .01 – .08) by Elliott James. These eight short stories are set before the five main Pax Arcana novels and tell the tale of how one John Charming ended up in bartending in Clayburg.
Sin & Shadows and Ghosts & Echoes, Gods & Monsters, and Lies & Omens (Shadows Inquiries 1-4) by Lyn Benedict. Decent urban fantasy series about a PI who’s kind of mean to everyone around her as she charges blindly forward… Also, this is an entire and complete series, which is nice.
“When will the birds be back???” -Mayhem