- New releases: Smart Bitches (romance)
- Tor.com will be offering the short story collection Nevertheless, She Persisted to download for free starting March 8 (International Women’s Day).
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- “Books and the brain”.
- “It just struck me how Pterry gets progressively angrier and less subtle about it throughout the series [Discworld]”.
- On horror for kids – a comic.
- “All things green and glorious”.
- “A dragon, a princess, and a sacrifice”.
Think, Do, Learn, Make
- The low-down on hand sanitizers and the challenge of making your own effective version. (One brand of vodka has been warning people against using it in homemade hand sanitizer.)
- The low-down on disinfectants and wipes.
- Consumer Reports COVID-19 FAQ.
- “Dear news media: Stop using pictures of Asians in your stories about white people getting [COVID-19]”.
- Digging into the “38% of Americans won’t buy or drink Corona beer because of the #Coronavirus” claim – a look at misinformation.
- “Fear is never stupid”.
- When you start to suspect your neurodiversity includes adhd…
- The autism spectrum – perception vs reality.
- Very smart parrots.
- How to improve your memory.
- 10 vegan slow cooker recipes.
- 28 recipes using hard-boiled eggs.
- 5 easy banana bread recipes.
- Strawberry lemon blondies.
Cool or Wha…?
- “The cat in the ventilation shaft” – a comic.
- What a town looks like encased in ice. This had to be kind of scary.
Color Lab for Mixed Media Artists: 52 Exercises Exploring Color Concepts through Paint, Collage, Paper, and More by Deborah Forman. Lots of interesting exercises in this, some of which I’ll actually even try at some point. But with just two pages devoted to each exercise, many of the more complicated ones felt incomplete.
stART Journaling: An Art Journaling Workbook by Kristy Conlin (ed). This is just excerpts from some of North Light’s other books about art journaling plus lots of blank pages to journal on.
“You. Are. Too. Close. Mom. What if you sneeze on me??!” -Chaos