I was tagged by RoxyKnits, so here’s another meme (my definition: mind virus, spreading from person to person with amazing ease). New policy, as inspired by the oh-so-clever Imbrium – I’m not tagging anyone. If it sounds fun, go for it. We all need fresh blog fodder at some point, right?!
Seven Things to Do Before I Die (shamelessly lifted from my response to a previous meme)
1. Take a bicycling tour of Spain
2. Redo my kitchen
3. Learn Spanish (preferably before the first item on this list)
4. Complete my WIPs or admit that they’ll never be finished and rip them out
5. Bike across the United States – probably in stages
6. Meet someone I want to go out on more than one or two dates with
7. Become an exceptional knitter
Seven Things I Cannot Do
1. Tumbling – one of the great moments of high school was having mono and missing the tumbling unit one year
2. Get my blinds perfectly level – they all slope downhill to the right
3. Snap out of this ennui that has infected me for the past year or so
4. Get inspired to do home repairs or improvements – I would so rather hire it done
5. Break my addiction to Orville Redenbacher SmartPop! Kettle Korn
6. Eat bananas (ewwww)
7. Eat gluten (celiac disease)
Seven Things That Attract Me to Blogging
1. The fabulous people I have “met” via blogging and have come to enjoy and care about in a remarkably short time
2. Gets me writing, which I’m good at but haven’t done for years (beyond dreary technical documentation for work)
3. Got me interested in learning more about digital photography to improve my skills
4. Snapped me out of my knitting slump
5. I feel as if I’m part of a community
6. Allows me to express the “storyteller/entertainer” part of my self
7. Gives me something extremely interesting to do while I’m waiting for boring queries to run at work
Seven Things I Say Most Often
1. Get off the table!
2. Why are you meowing at me?!!
3. Where is SRM?!
4. It’s data entry, not rocket science.
5. Is it Friday yet?
6. I’ll have a large soy mocha, no whip, no bean.
7. No cats on the table!
Seven Books That I Love
1. White Noise – Don Delillo
2. High Tide in Tucson – Barbara Kingsolver
3. His Dark Materials (a trilogy) – Philip Pullman
4. the ever-increasing Newford books – Charles de Lint
5. Bellwether – Connie Willis (hysterical, yet led to one of the best discussions ever at my bookclub – because everything was on topic)
6. The Beekeeper’s Apprentice – Laurie R. King (she makes Sherlock Holmes sexy!)
7. Blue Jelly – Debby Bull
Seven Movies That I Watch Over and Over Again
1. The Matrix (original)
2. Fight Club
3. The Princess Bride
4. The Fifth Element
6. Playing by Heart
7. The Crow
Ok, this was a completely separate meme from Hedgeblog, but since it has the seven thing going for it… “List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now.”
1. Little Drop of Poison – Tom Waits (from the Shrek 2 soundtrack)
2. Drinking Again – Haley Bonar
3. Attagirl – Bettie Serveert
4. I Need Some Sleep – The Eels (from the Shrek 2 soundtrack)
5. Lie Detector Test – Sage Francis
6. Take Your Carriage Clock and Shove It – Belle & Sebastian
7. Interstate 5 – The Wedding Present
Yes another meme, this time from StrangeLittleMama… Modified to fit the theme of sevens, of course.
TenSeven Things My Friends Like That I Don’t
1. Watching TV
2. Doing home projects
3. Going out to bars
5. RPG games
And if you made it all the way to the end up that, your reward is… a gratuitous Chaos picture! (Gosh, what a surprise.)