- New releases: Smart Bitches (romance), AAR (romance)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches. And more. And even more. Cover snark. And more!
- Linkity from the Pen Addict. And more. And even more.
- How much ebooks cost libraries.
- Wise words from Nora Roberts on work-life balance.
- A micro-SFF story.
- Medieval manuscripts and strange beasts.
- Librarian humor.
Think, Do, Make, Learn
- A perspective on 45’s tax returns. Some salty tweets about them. Some comparison between what 45 paid and what some of the salty tweeters paid…
- You go, Ilhan!
- “Canon Jesus is way better than fanon Jesus“.
- Cursed fact about the long-eared jerboa.
- Louis Armstrong and typewriters.
- Judith Butler “took down transphobic rhetoric with…much skill and intelligence”.
- “Everything is certainly not ok” (on policing in the US).
- “Learn how to swear in 15 languages from Samuel L Jackson“.
Life in These Pandemic Times
- WaPo’s new “wearing a mask” faq.
- Well, they’re not wrong – but you’ll need a mask under that mask.
- Sloths and dolphins.
- Very 2020. VERY 2020.
- Is it even a contender?
- 2020 in photos (tw blood).
- 2020 in photos from around Minneapolis. (No blood!)
- “Using art to give simple information…on COVID-19“.
- “Are you also having the mask dream?” (I’ve had at least one.)
- 19 vegan soups.
- 26 easy tofu recipes.
- 40+ squash recipes.
- 30 apple desserts.
- Sweet potato snickerdoodles.
- Black midnight cake.
- Strawberry spinach cake. (via gilajames)
- A “cute but NO” knitting stitch (well, it’s a bit more than a stitch, but…).
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- Short film about bickering spaceships.
- Living with a demon (NOT about Good Omens, strangely).
- Humans and reality bender infestations (NOT a reference to 45, strangely).
- :chewing faster:
- Linkity from BookwyrmKnits.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Medieval beekeeper garb.
- What sort of surgery requires that particular shave?!
- Fruit chicken.
- Commodore 64 colored spray paint.
- The Burrito Pop.
- “Yes, you can run DOOM on an electronic pregnancy test…“
- Spooky cute.
- Feral scientists.
- Chatting live with other shoppers at Michael’s.
- Naturalists and the fae.
- Zoom gothic.
- Screaming Roomba. (colorful language beware)
- Weird questions.
- Curse the special place!
The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness (10th Anniversary Edition) by Michelle Alexander. Very powerful. Very tragic. Completely enraging.
Imaginary Numbers (InCryptid #9) by Seanan McGuire. Well, there IS a bonus novella at the end, but the main story ends in a cliffhanger and the next book isn’t out until late February 2021. Grr.
Temporally Out of Order edited by Joshua Palmatier. I checked it out for the Seanan McGuire short story, but I ended up enjoying nearly all of the stories in this collection.
Middlegame by Seanan McGuire. Totally sucked me in!
The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern. WOW. I liked this a lot more than The Night Circus. Still won’t swear that I understood all of it!
“WHAT ARE YOU DOING, MOM???” -Chaos