- New releases: Smart Bitches (romance)
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Cover snark from Smart Bitches.
- Good Omens crossed with Aristocats.
- Free Shakespeare coloring book. (via Book Riot)
- Some reading humor.
Do, Think, Learn, Make
- Take free online classes from Harvard.
- Watch the Apollo-13 mission in real time.
- Support the USPS! I did ResistBot and actually mailed postcards to my Congresspersons today. If you don’t mail things, they have products other than stamps.
Life in These Pandemic Time
- “Sorry, we did not all get and recover from COVID-19 this winter”.
- That time CNN snapped during tRUMP’s daily
propaganda sessionbriefing. The Cliff Notes version.
- “This crisis is quickly destroying the ‘people are lazy and we need capitalism to incentivize them’ argument.”
- Some good words from a trauma psychologist.
- “How to cultivate resilience during the pandemic”.
- How social/physical distancing works.
- Tips for surviving social isolation.
- Tourism posters for staying home.
- I sure wouldn’t have guessed correctly.
- “Steak-umm’s Twitter account is brilliant, bizarre voice of reason in our coronavirus era”.
- “When your fictional pandemic [story] becomes reality”.
- Animal resources to distract you.
- “Make a pieced and quilted plague doctor mask”.
- Some masks that Minnesotans are wearing.
- A sweet little song and video about tough topics.
- Download a free coronavirus anxiety workbook from the Wellness Society.
- Strawberry rhubarb crisp.
- Rhubarb upside down cake.
- Easy caramel pie.
- The DoubleTree’s signature cookie recipe.
- Yarn stash diving with Smart Bitches.
- Good stretches for knitters and other artists.
- Assorted crafty linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Art with Prince Harry and Prince fighting in the foreground and the Queen and Queen fighting in the background.
- An office noise simulator. Huh. No office noise is what I’ve always enjoyed about working from home.
- I am not used to seeing people smiling in this style of painting, either.
- Ruh roh.
- Really, it could happen to anyone. (Much more humorous than that makes it sound.)
- The tale of Fairy Barbie.
- Improvised toys.
- The isolation of Smaug.
- Dealing with takeout during a pandemic.
- IKEA’s response to a designer knockoff of their iconic blue shopping bag.
False Value: Rivers of London #8 by Ben Aaronovitch. Peter goes to work at a software company.
“You’re all still here?! Sheesh.” -Mayhem