No linkity next week, as I will be listening to Hilary Rodham Clinton and Chelsea Clinton speak locally during my linkity making time.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Cover snark from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- “The bad faith attacks on Archive of Our Own have to end“. A history of fandom purges highlights how important ao3 is.
- “A history of deckle edges”.
- Listen to David Tennant read vampire stories to help you get in that Halloween mood.
- Georgia Tennant announced the birth of their fifth child in a fine Good Omens meme style.
- Story planning cheatsheet for you Preptober folks.
- VE Schwab on writing.
- Some fictional librarians. (via Book Riot)
- “The messy, beautiful worldbuilding of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe“.
- Have I previously linked to this version of Cinderella?
Do, Think, Learn, Make
- Think twice before asking a neural net to pick your Halloween costume.
- If you want to read about terribly deadly sea creatures…
- The history of the ampersand. (Thanks, Nicole!)
- “Meet California’s nerds of neon“.
- “How untreated ADHD causes and traps you in depression“.
- “Use Kurt Vonnegut’s happiness trick“.
- “Reddit users share their best weird, cheap meals“.
- 50+ pumpkin recipes.
- 25 butternut squash recipes.
- 5-ingredient chicken chili.
- Tomato rice with crispy cheddar.
- Pumpkin dump cake.
- LEGO dinosaur fossils.
- Replica Parthenon made from banned books.
- To remember if you’re having a rough day.
Cool or Wha…?
- Toasted coaster.
- Children’s films using HP Lovecraft.
- When your basement becomes a lake of blood, as they do.
- Watch “creatures of the deep…feeding on a whale carcass”.
- SO MUCH Good Omens fanfic.
In shocking news, I completed my SIL’s 2017 birthday socks!
And here are the socks, unobscured.