- New releases: Smart Bitches (romance) and AAR (romance)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- Quotes from Ursula K Le Guin. Her legacy.
- “How to set up a Little Free Library in your neighborhood“.
- “Lloyd Alexander’s Chronicles of Prydain tells a fresh story with old tropes“.
- “If Harry had gotten a less conventional, but more loving family…“
- Another version of Rapunzel.
- A man builds a humble temple in his field…
- Quite the lineup this amateur cricket team had.
- On how many more distractions writers face now than, say, Charles Dickens did.
- Book-themed cupcake liners.
Think, Learn, Make, Do
- “The cognitive biases that convince you the world is falling apart“.
- It’s the 235th anniversary of the first piloted balloon flight.
- That time Abraham Lincoln was almost in a broadsword duel.
- There are blue bees in the world! I had no idea.
- “Universities didn’t ‘turn left’; they stayed committed to rational thought”.
- The State of the Union address broke a fact-checking site. Stephen Colbert and Trevor Noah’s analysis of said address.
- “…the real-world logistics of fighting in a ball gown”, using Disney princesses as examples.
- Is Minneapolis a “new American style hub”?
- Mediterranean cruise timelapse.
- Tom Hanks will star as Mister Rogers.
- Green vegetable slow cooker soup.
- Slow cooker vegetarian chili.
- 10 healthy vegetarian dinners.
- Mexican restaurant style cauliflower rice.
- 10 cauliflower recipes.
- 20 salmon recipes.
- Acorn squash egg-in-a-hole.
- New Mexico green chile cheeseburgers in queso.
- Loaded savory breakfast muffins.
- How to make a Minnesota classic: the Juicy Lucy.
- Customizable everyday cake.
- Bittersweet chocolate pudding.
- The Snowfire DK Blanket is gorgeous… and I’m absolutely sure that it exceeds my acceptable level of fiddliness for knitting.
- Tips for finding your art journaling style.
- I am agog at how steady this artist’s hands are.
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- Gryphons of various types.
- Lovely photo of downtown Minneapolis.
- This is a feeling that never goes away, no matter how many years you live here.
- If werewolf films were written by women…
- Darth Vader visits some distant relatives for Life Day…
- Scientists reviewing Amazon products that they’ve used in their work.
- Ha! I appreciate the Guggenheim’s sense of humor.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Watermelon car.
- “United Airlines prevents woman from traveling with emotional support peacock“.
- Replica video store.
- The importance of the Oxford comma.
- Spacing is also important.
- Hugh Jackman when asked, “Won’t you miss looking like Wolverine?”
- Diving would be VERY DANGEROUS.
- If Quentin Tarantino made Star Trek…
- Autocorrect and work.
- Cake Wrecks and The Princess Bride.
The Merchant’s War (Merchant Princes #4) by Charles Stross. I think I’m going to use my status update from finishing this book as my review: “OMG, another cliffhanger. I have the next two ebooks on hand (bless you, library), but I have to sleep. And these are not short books. But the suspense! At least I know things have to be tied up by the end of the next two books, since that ends the series…
The Revolution Business (Merchant Princes #5) by Charles Stross. How can the intensity just continue to build like this?! Anyway, yeah, another cliffhanger, so make sure you have the next book on hand.
The Trade of Queens (Merchant Princes #6) by Charles Stross. This was a white-knuckle read right until the very end! Whew. It feels like this series was heavily influenced by the way the world turned after 9/11… Also, willful ignorance and refusing to change/adapt can be extraordinarily dangerous to those around you…
“It’s your fault he’s like this, Mom.” -Mayhem
“What’s a cat gotta do to get fed around here?!?!??????” -Chaos
7 thoughts on “Linkity is 2.5 miles from the stadium in which the Super Bowl will be played on Sunday”
Chris- The Guggenheim’s offer is the best he’s likely to get.
Have a great weekend!
A recent post from lorraine..A Message from Nuggies
Super bowl? Who is playing? No idea. I will say..*thinks of names damn!*
Ehhh Grenbay Packers and Flying Flamingoes
A recent post from blodeuedd..The Break – Katherena Vermette
Blue bees! Awesome!
That Snowfire DK blanket is AMAZING. I’m glad it used gradient yarns, though. I don’t think I’d have the patience to do that AND change colors so often.
And I love that Rapunzel story! See, stories like that are why I love fairy tale re-tellings / re-imaginings.
What is this “Super Bowl” you speak of? Does it go with the Spoonbridge and Cherry? It seems like they need a bowl. A big bowl.
It’s not just that I enjoy being evil, although I do, but I watched the whole disco ball video, with all the power tools, and jagged edges on cut light bulb glass, and broken mirror bits, and a torch, and all I really wanted to see was at least a bandaid or two. Ah, Shop Class, those were the good (aka:Bloody) old days.
thank you so much for that link to the page on finding your journaling style. I felt like that was speaking directly to me. Also I had a epiphany when a commenter said “I am using an old planner of mine”. I HAVE UNUSED PLANNERS!
First time I ever drove on a lake I nearly crashed out of sheer terror. Been traveling, working, trying to catch up on linkity!
A recent post from Mary Lou..Turoa Mitts Loft Skein Winner!