Also, very dawdly during my linkity time, so you get a hot mess o’ linkity again. 😀
- Ursula K. Le Guin died this week – The Mary Sue. Tor.com. Smart Bitches. Tor.com. Quote. Quote.
- “How to get started with Ursula K. Le Guin’s writing“.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches. Linkity from Inkophile.
- 12 destination bookstores.
- Emma Thompson’s diaries seem like they’d be entertaining reading.
- Rosie the Riveter also died this week. (via jmcbks)
- January 25 is NASA’s day of remembrance.
- A 2013 quote from tRump about government shutdowns.
- This year’s Women’s March did not get the coverage of last year’s.
- Snow. Snow.
- 23 recipes using lentils.
- 20 citrus recipes.
- Creamy coconut cauliflower soup.
- Chicken and wild rice bake.
- Breakfast fried rice.
- Vegetarian stew.
- One pot mushroom stew.
- Creamy vegan queso dip.
- Cheryl’s tips and recipe for making easy fake bagels.
- Many recipes using peanut butter (mostly desserts).
- Easy lemon drizzle cake.
- 10 gluten-free snack recipes.
- Gluten-free rustic olive bread.
- Gluten-free air fryer fried wontons.
- “What if wizarding America isn’t silly?“
- House symbols and mottos for an assortment of internet sites.
- Knitting linkity from kmkat. Linkity from kmkat.
- Gorgeous daily macro photos from a Minneapolis photographer.
- Montreal snow car.
- Western Canada timelapse.
- The Minnesota-shaped forest in Minnesota.
- A video about ICAD (the Index Card a Day art project).
- The danger of having an Amazon Echo and a bird that can speak.
- “Funko Pop Captain America short“.
- …That robot cat looks an awful lot like a furry Roomba.
- Pencil inception.
- Harrison Ford seems like a pretty amazing person.
- Ancient civilizations based on their level of prep/jock/nerd/goth.
- Autocorrect and anniversaries.
- Baby shower cake wrecks.
- Baby red panda! Flamingo and baby! Baby penguin!
Picture This: The Near-Sighted Monkey Book by Lynda Barry. Another good illustrated book from Lynda Barry – this one focuses mostly on drawing.
The Bloodline Feud (The Merchant Princes #1-#2) by Charles Stross. I kept tripping over the language a bit at the beginning (it seemed overly descriptive), but I got completely sucked into the story anyway and stayed up too late to finish it. So!
The Clan Corporate (The Merchant Princes #3) by Charles Stross. Make sure you have the next book on hand, because this ends on a really evil cliffhanger!
*BLAAAAAAAAANK* -Chaos (totally alive – I checked)
7 thoughts on “Linkity was not emotionally prepared for a foot of snow”
Chris- We’ve had no snow- and mild temps. Huh.
Have a good weekend.
A recent post from lorraine..A Message from Nuggies
Those baby shower cakes! O.O
Nice to know about NASA’s Day of Remembrance. And RIP to Ursula K Le Guin and Rosie the Riveter. 🙁 Time to re-read Earthsea.
I love those bookstores! I need to find more of my local neat bookstores, too, rather than just drooling over ones in different countries.
Wow. The Wizarding America link… it’s just too much. (Awesome, but too much.)
A recent post from Nicole..My Life in Books Tag
suddenly I am seized with an urge to go to Lisbon and visit Livraria Bertrand. Bonus points: my great-great-great-great-grandfather was Portugese. To some tiny extent, I *belong* in that bookstore.
I shall now respond to all pregnancy announcements with “Congratulations on making a human” (I’m going to leave out “with your genitals”. Even I wouldn’t say that)
I read the American wizard thing, did not buy the not being pureblood wizards not looking down on folk
A recent post from blodeuedd..Carole’s Saturday movie: Godzilla vs Destroyah
I’d like to put this to a vote:
7th link from the bottom takes you to
a) Robot Cat
b) Borg Dust Bunny
c) UMMMMMM??HUH????WTF??????? Wig from Hamilton????
d) Tribble with a Tumor