- Blodeuedd’s giving away a copy of The Untouchable Earl by Amy Sandas. Comment by July 22 to enter. US only.
- New releases: AAR (romance) and Tor.com (genre-benders, fantasy, scifi)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches. And more.
- Linkity from Inkophile. And more.
- Cover snark from Smart Bitches.
- No-effort character sheet for writers.
- Why we read romance.
- NYC Subway Library.
Think, Learn, Make, Do
- The ISS is in Google Street View.
- “A third of dementia cases may be preventable“.
- Interactive periodic table.
- “tRUMP’s behavior is more than just a symptom of bad politics“.
- How hummingbirds fly.
- What racial profiling?
- “What was 2017 like?” (Really needs to include the whole Hobby Lobby smuggling thing, too.)
- Date format by country. (Definitely embiggen to see the comment on Canada.)
- That is a very good question.
- Best plants if you have depression or executive dysfunction.
- In which people from around the world recoil in horror at the state of the US primary passenger rail system.
- Grilled zucchini salad.
- Chicken summer rolls with peanut dipping sauce.
- 26 summer slow cooker recipes.
- 25 recipes using peaches.
- 10 recipes for grain bowls.
- Chocolate zucchini breakfast cookies.
- Calabacitas with summer corn, zucchini, green chiles, and lime.
- Shredded chicken taquitos.
- Chickpea flatbread.
- No-bake brownies.
- “President Obama’s ‘Anger Translator’ returns to cathartically mock GOP tRUMP[Don’t]Care failure with Stephen Colbert“.
- A couple of lovely photos of a foggy Minneapolis morning.
- Day and night, Minneapolis.
- The Mugshot Monday project.
- Rainbow castle!
- Tiny watercolor paintings.
- Online purr generator. (via emmaseasall)
- Signs, signs, everywhere a sign.
- Ok, yeah, I think my 2017 Stanley Cup Champions art journal spread turned out really well. 🙂
- Linkity from kmkat. And more.
- KFC-branded smartphone.
- “I can’t believe we have to tell you not to snort chocolate“.
- “10 games that simulate boring jobs“.
- …I have questions.
- I would be Rather Startled to come home and find a mule deer in my kitchen.
- Twitter has definitely changed over the past eight years.
- I can’t believe they picked Kiester over Climax, Minnesota. I guess they used Climax, North Carolina, and didn’t want to duplicate?
- It me!
- Summer in the office…
- The Basilica and the… rubber duck.
- When you know the wildfires are really, really bad.
- Wifi vs cellular. (Hover cursor/long-press for caption.)
- Communicating… or not. (Hover cursor/long-press for caption.)
- Potentially NSFW Cake Wrecks. Same.
- Autocorrects about bugs. And vacation.
- Gollum reads tRUMP’s tweets.
- For shame, kitty!
- Oh, cats.
- Pallas Cat and baby! Baby penguin! Baby red pandas! Baby puma! Pudu and baby! Wolf and babies! Cheetah and babies! Wee door!
Art Journal Kickstarter: Pages and Prompts to Energize Your Art Journals by Kristy Conlin. As long as you don’t expect any prompts (beyond, perhaps, some of the quotes scattered throughout), this is a very good look at the styles of over 100 mixed media art journalers. (Journalists?) Sometimes these types of survey books don’t really work for me, but this one did.
“You better not be taking a picture and you DEFINITELY better not be planning to put the picture you’re not taking on the internet, Mom.” -Chaos