- 1984 has sold out on Amazon.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches. And more linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- Book sculpture.
- “When Voldemort is president, we need a nation of Hermiones.”
- “86 books Barack Obama has recommended during his presidency“.
- Tentacley typewriter.
- Book-themed mugs. And even more book-themed mugs.
- Jane Austen and Sigmund Freud toothpaste.
- Coffee and writing…
Think, Do, Learn, Make
- You know things are bad when the National Park Service, National Forest Service, National Weather Service, NASA, EPA, and more have all spawned unofficial Twitter accounts so they can continue providing science-based information. And this one’s humorous, but… also painfully true. Point. And point. tRUMP-based parody from the Netherlands.
- Things to keep in mind these days.
- Coming this spring to Netflix, Bill Nye Saves the World.
- Women’s March in St Paul. More photos. And another.
- I am so pleased that not many people were at the inauguration – esp when compared to how many were at the Women’s March.
- Trauma and some techniques to help deal with it.
- Mary Tyler Moore has died.
- A very good post on being a girl (or mistaken for one) from the Yarn Harlot.
- “New Zealand could have been part of the United States.” That would really have tested Amazon Prime two-day shipping, eh?
- Learn how to detect fake news.
- “Managing anxiety in cats“.
- “NASA’s new app is ‘The Sims’ in space, with plants“.
- Creamy slow-cooker peanut chicken and broccoli.
- Slow-cooker white chicken chili.
- Slow-cooker turkey sweet potato chili.
- Kidney bean and coconut curry.
- Shredded cabbage and sweet potato slaw.
- Sesame-ginger roasted broccoli.
- 16 eggs for dinner recipes.
- Apple pie granola bars.
- Olive carrot cake muffins.
- DIY Junior Mints.
- Make an octopus lamp.
- How to turn an old book into an art journal.
- Knit a unicorn trophy.
- Knitting linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Knitting linkity from knittyBlog.
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- Awesome photos of President Obama.
- Serena Williams dealing with a manipulative asshole reporter is awesome.
- Dragons! House dragons!
- Paper art.
- David Bowie stamps are on the way in the UK.
- Pocket globe from 1590.
- Cool frozen photo of Minneapolis and the Mississippi River from a few weeks ago.
- Posters for time travelers.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- You can now play Myst on Android.
- Brutalist coloring book.
- Cookie dough restaurant.
- Witchy spoon holder.
- Girl Scout Cookie-flavored gum.
- Twinkie and Sno-Ball flavored ice cream.
- Car hammock.
- Bacon toaster.
- Grilled cheese toaster.
- Eyelash clock.
- Patrick Stewart will voice the Poop Emoji in The Emoji Movie.
- How Simon’s cats deal with cold weather. And Mondays.
- More on the “humans are the weird ones in space” thing.
- That is not a squirrel.
- Historically inaccurate cosmetics.
- “Moth with scaly head and weird dick named honor of Donald Trump“.
- Autocorrects about cows. And clothes. And zombies.
A Pacific Northwest Nature Sketchbook by Jude Siegel. Pretty good detailed description of how to keep a nature sketchbook/watercolor journal, with lots of specific examples from the Pacific Northwest (that bit got old by the end). I did get some great quotes on creativity out of this one.
The Nightmare Stacks (Laundry Files #7) by Charles Stross. Don’t start this one anywhere near your bedtime… D’oh! This is about one of the PHANG’s we met in a previous book, who is trying to adjust to working for the Laundry instead of for an investment baking firm.