Don’t forget to enter the contest for Burning Bright (Seize the Fire #1) by KD Sarge! Closes Monday, November 16, 5:30 pm CST
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance), Tor.com (PNR), and io9 (scifi/fantasy).
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- “Just write“. (via alexwhitehall)
- Well, it’s pretty, but…
- “An open letter to those who give kids banned books“.
- Sherlock Holmes coloring book.
- Harry Potter coloring book.
- 40 words that start with Z.
Think, Make, Do, Learn
- Where Mars’ water went.
- New footage of the sun from NASA. Footage of immense ancient earthworks from NASA.
- The International Space Station has been in use for 15 years. 15 videos about living on the ISS.
- Color photos of the US from 1888. (via stars-benn)
- Poor forgotten New Zealand.
- Republican reality check.
- The British perspective on the US’s pumpkin spice mania. (via exemplaryetoile)
- The science of the grilled cheese sandwich.
- The most addictive foods.
- Learn how IKEA instruction manuals are designed.
- A Chick-Fil-A in Nashville donated to an LGBTQA film festival. Scandalous! 🙂
- November’s unusual holidays.
- 25 tidbits about the Twin Cities, Minneapolis and St Paul.
- 14 hot breakfasts.
- 20 hearty soups.
- Crispy pan-fried beans with wilted greens.
- Stir-fried cabbage with fennel seeds.
- Maple pecan baked brie. (via gronkowskis)
- Sweet potato pancakes with cinnamon cream syrup. (via habbity)
- Salted caramel cinnamon rolls.
- Vegan chocolate chip cookies.
- Nutella brownie tart topped with coffee salt. (via The Kitchn)
- Skillet apple crisp.
- Pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
- Pumpkin brulee cheesecake bars. (via jedi-seagull)
- Honey muffins.
- Cranberry jam bars.
- Sweet potato spice cake with cream cheese frosting.
- Homemade Kit Kats.
- Briana of Orange Spiral Arts always has great ideas for art journaling.
- “How to tidy your yarn stash: KonMari, step aside“. (via Yarnerinas)
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- Explore the trails of New Zealand on Google Street View.
- Documentary called CodeGirl.
- Short video called Muse.
- Who would be your Greek godly parent? (via urrone) (Mine was Athena: “Goddess of wisdom and strategy, arts and crafts, battle and reason.”)
- “Male athletes were asked the same absurd questions as female athletes and they responded accordingly“.
- Evolution mural.
- Tree coloring page to print.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- “Architect uses 30,000 post-it notes as building blocks“.
- Play Tetris on a pumpkin. (via emmaseasall)
- Actions figures of famous sculptures.
- An extremely Canadian wedding.
- Elephants versus giant pumpkins.
- Back to the Future Delorean cake. (via The Mary Sue)
- Halloween on the ISS.
- Candy anatomy. (NSFW?)
- Cafe mocha M&Ms.
- Simon’s Cat goes to the vet.
- Adulthood summarized on post-it notes.
- Awkwardly peopling. (Thanks, Jase!)
- The difference between how pets and humans view the end of Daylight Savings Time.
- The many faces of Barbie from 1959 through 2015.
- The Australian littering ticket NASA left unpaid for 30 years.
- Maybe municipal plumbing needs a sexy new name. (Hover cursor/long-press for more text.)
- “Salvage“. (Hover cursor/long-press for more text.)
- Emu artificial insemination.
- Classic horror films but with kittens.
King of Russia: A Year in the Russian Super League by Dave King with Eric Duhatschek. Pretty good look at coaching Magnitogorsk Metallurg in the Russian Super League (RSL), which preceded the current Kontinental Hockey League (KHL). King started out basically spouting the crap most Westerners seem to about Eastern European hockey players (lazy, enigmatic, etc), but that mellowed/improved as the book progressed, fortunately. 98% of the reason I read this book was for the glimpses of baby!Evgeni Malkin during the 2005-2006 hockey season, including a bit about Malkin “defecting” to the NHL at the beginning of the 2006-2007 season.
*blankly happy and derpy* -Chaos