- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance) and Dear Author (romance)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Edgar Allan Poe’s poem “The Raven”, as recited by celebrities.
- Literary Halloween costumes.
- Creepy book art.
Think, Make, Do, Learn
- Beavers are suddenly going from pests to superstars.
- “The craziest myths The Mythbusters have tackled, according to The Mythbusters“.
- New mammogram guidelines.
- Penguin sex. (Probably NSFW.)
- “10 mnemonic tricks to never forgetting anything again“. (I have my doubts…)
- Maybe being sedentary isn’t as deadly as previously reported.
- Turkey taco salad.
- Curried vegetable and chickpea stew.
- 10 favorite vegetarian recipes.
- 12 recipes for taco night.
- Herbed goat cheese polenta bites.
- 10 oatmeal toppings.
- 10-minute spicy pumpkin chowder in a mug. (via The Kitchn)
- 20 recipes for pumpkin.
- Pumpkin and chocolate stuffed mini donuts. (via The Kitchn)
- Black kitty paw mug.
- Sesame Street has its first autistic character.
- A new NASA site will feature new photos of Earth.
- For October 21st, 2015. Neal deGrasse Tyson checks to see what Back to the Future II got right about 2015.
- Dystopian short film, with a happy ending.
- Lovely short video filmed in Monterrey, California.
- Movie scenes recreated in LEGO.
- LEGO caravan.
- Trash sculptures. (Well, beyond the fact that there’s so much friggin’ trash in the oceans in the first place…)
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- This year’s Simpsons‘ “Little Treehouse of Horror” couch gag opener.
- “Six degrees of Francis Bacon”.
- Disney butts chargers.
- Japan’s My Little Pony cafe.
- A guide to help (ice hockey) goalies get their revenge.
- Cake Wrecks.
- “Overthinking”. (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
- Not a good sign…
- Look! Up in the sky! Is that hockey fanfic I spy?
“No, this isn’t my glamour shot pose, Mom, I always look like this.” -Mayhem