- Blodeuedd’s giving away an ebook copy of Emma and Her Daughter by Linda Mitchelmore. Closes February 7.
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (UF/romance) and Tor.com (PNR)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- “Why book price doesn’t and shouldn’t measure ‘value’“.
- Writing-related Tumblr links from Paperback Writer.
- The history of the typewriter. (via pipervaughn)
- Card catalog USB drives.
- A moment of silence, please. (via literaryescapis)
- How to tell if you’re in a high fantasy novel. (via maderr)
- Video of real-time feed of British Library book activity.
- Short film about the beauty of the alphabet.
Think, Learn, Do, Make
- Fandom should be ageless.
- Looking into the whole “chocolate is a superfood” thing.
- Make a world class paper airplane.
- The science behind why cats like boxes.
- Exercises you can do at your desk.
- What’s actually inside a bowling ball.
- The saga of Left Shark.
- More than you ever wanted to know about snot color.
- “The proper names of 17 bodily functions“.
- Lentil, mushroom, and sweet potato shepherd’s pie.
- Tex-Mex quinoa salad with cumin lime vinaigrette. (via The Kitchn)
- Winter chopped salad with roasted sweet potato and blood orange vinaigrette. (via The Kitchn)
- Edamame-ginger rice.
- Chicken lentil soup.
- 12 dinner recipes using potatoes.
- Creamy spinach bake.
- 9 cake recipes.
- Hot chocolate pudding cakes. (via esouffle)
- Instant pudding mix.
- Jiffy-style corn muffin mix.
- Chocolate muffins.
- Cookie dough cupcakes.
- Movie montage of ladies kicking butt.
- Timelapse of flowers blooming.
- Poignant short animation about an Imperial Stormtrooper missing his cat.
- Super Bowl commercial highlights in stop-motion LEGO.
- Middle-Earth via Google-esque map.
- Drone footage of the world’s largest ice fishing contest (yes, it’s in Minnesota).
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Platonic conversation hearts. (via elvenenchantress)
- A bit more on cats and boxes.
- Oh, kitties.
- I am strangely unsurprised to see a black kitty was the culprit.
“Maybe if I don’t make eye contact, Mom will go away faster.” -Chaos