Many thanks to Mary Calmes for donating an ebook copy of her forthcoming m/m romance, Floodgates, for a lucky commenter to win!Â Floodgates will be released by Dreamspinner Press on March 3.
Tracy Brandt considers himself a lucky man. He has a wonderful family, good friends, and a dependable job. His love life, however, features a cheating ex who, though out of the house, is not yet out of the picture – with a past that just might get Tracy killed.
Homicide inspector Cord Nolan wants nothing more than to show his best friend’s little brother that he’s a reliable man, but to do that he’ll have to get Tracy to look past the player he used to be. It’ll be a tough sell; reputation is everything, and Cord’s is tarnished by his past indiscretions.
Tracy and Cord have spent five years trying to suffocate their fiery attraction under a blanket of grudging antagonism. When Tracy finds himself with a target on his back, Cord finally has the chance to ride to the rescue and break through the dam of Tracy’s reserve. But he’d better be careful: if Cord is breaking the floodgates to wash away the past, he’s going to have to hold tight to Tracy to make sure they’re still standing when the tumult recedes.
My name is Mary Calmes and I have been writing since I was in the seventh grade. One of my first stories ever was about Demetrius and Konor, two big strapping gorgeous knights and while it was not historically accurate in any way, hello, seventh grade, the one thing that became glaringly obvious was that the guys liked each other more than the damsels in distress they were trying to save.
â€œBoys donâ€™t sleep in the same bed when theyâ€™re grown-ups,â€ my mother said when I read it to her.
â€œMen donâ€™t talk nice to each other like that,â€ my step-father said that night.
They do in m/m fiction which I was destined to write.
I tried really hard to write a female lead but it just left me flat. I read all kinds of different books and I have favorite writers in every genre but I can only write about men. The dynamics between two men are more interesting to me and as a woman, I like men and the idea of two men together, two beautiful menâ€¦ I donâ€™t understand the question.
When people tell you that theyâ€™ve enjoyed something youâ€™ve written, there really is no greater feeling.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CST, Monday, March 3.
- By entering the contest, youâ€™re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you havenâ€™t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesnâ€™t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entryâ€¦
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry â€“ this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the â€œEmailâ€ portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesnâ€™t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the authorâ€™s intellectual property and donâ€™t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“I think I might’ve heard a bird, big kitty!!!!” -Mayhem
“Really, Mom? You had to take yet another picture?!” -Chaos
80 thoughts on “Ebook giveaway: Floodgates by Mary Calmes [CONTEST CLOSED]”
Sounds terrific. Please count me in. Adding to my TBR list now!
Please throw me in the hat 🙂
Count me in! I love Mary Calmes’s books.
Please enter me in the contest to win this book, I love Mary’s writing!
Such a cute photo! I love those kitties.
Love her books – pls count me in 🙂 Thank you!
Count me in. 🙂
I would love to win!!!
Please count me in!
Ooh, I’d love a copy. Mary Calmes is an amazing author! Count me in, thanks! 😀
I’d love to win a copy of this book – Mary is one of my fav authors
I mean — I’ll probably buy another copy anyway, but I’m so excited I can’t stand it! Please count me in!
Great another fix, MC is my crack. 😀 Please count me in.
Oh Yeah – Love everything Ms Calmes writes. Please count me in 🙂 .
Please enter me. Sounds wonderful.
I would like to enter. I love all of your books.
I love her books! Sign me up please!
Please add me too, thank you!!!
Please count me in! I love Mary Calmes’ books.
Pick me, pick me! I’m her biggest fan! 😀
I’d like to be added, too.
Please count me in. Thanks!
I’d love to join this contest. LOVE this author’s work and look forward to her latest release. 😀
Please count me in!
Please count me in! Thank you! 🙂
Add me to this one please.
Please count me in. Thanks!
Count me in please!
Count me in! I really hope you pick me, I’ve been waiting for this book and I can’t wait to read it 🙂
Please count me in too!!! Thank you so much!!! ^_^
Comments are closed.