Many thanks to Alex Whitehall for donating ebook copies of Mark of the Familiar, plus the forthcoming sequel, Gift of the Familiar, for a lucky commenter to win! Gift of the Familiar will be released by Storm Moon Press on December 13.
Ellis, having killed his abusive master, is placed in the custody of a safe house for magical beings. Within those brick walls, he finds more than safety. But William has dealt with people’s unwanted attentions his entire life and wants nothing to do with Ellis or his devotion. Except Ellis is determined to convince William that their bond is more than just skin deep and that together they can make something magical.
This story was previously released as part of the Written in Flesh anthology.
In Gift of the Familiar, Ellis and William have found their happy ever after in each other’s arms. But that doesn’t mean they can’t keep life – and love – interesting. As they celebrate First Day together, Ellis learns the origins of the day and of his people. In the spirit of the holiday, William gives Ellis a length of rope to further explore the boundaries of their relationship. In return, Ellis does his best to show he understands exactly what giving, and submitting, are all about.
This story was previously released as part of the Milk and Cookies and Handcuffs anthology.
Alex Whitehall may have grown up, but still wants to believe in magic—fairies, wishes, and things that go bump in the night – as long as it has a happy ending. Since none of that seems to exist in real life, Alex creates make-believe worlds where suffering is stopped, passions never cool, and the leads always end up happier than they started.
When not writing, reading, riding horses, working, running, reading, working and being social, Alex is sleeping.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CST, Thursday, December 12.
- By entering the contest, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you haven’t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesn’t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entry…
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry – this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the “Email” portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesn’t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the author’s intellectual property and don’t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“I can’t believe you’re intruding on my ‘me’ time, Mom.” -Mayhem