- I love Ravens & Chimes – check out one of my favorite songs, “Division Street”. (Although I must confess that I like them better just listening to their music and not watching their videos.)
- Next week I have training for work from 9 am – 6:30 pm, Monday – Friday. That’s going to be tough for someone who’s used to working 6:30 am – 3:30 pm. And it’s definitely going to have a negative impact on linkity. Brace yourselves.
- Especially since my car is making a horrific noise – a noise so horrific that people turn to gawk if I drive by. Rear brakes? Bearings? It sounds expensive, whatever it is. I have the car parked until I can drop it off at the dealer Monday morning and get a loaner – hopefully in time to make it in to training…
- Becky Black’s giving away an ebook copy of her latest release, Patient Z. Closes July 27, 9 am BST.
- Blodeuedd’s giving away three copies of Mist by Susan Krinard, plus bookmarks. Closes August 1. US & Canada.
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance/UF)
- Tor.com’s doing a reread of a favorite of mine from long ago, The Chronicles of Amber – starting, of course, with the amazing Nine Princes in Amber. I wanted to be a prince of Amber so badly!
- Jenre, Tam, and Kassa share some of their favorites books from when they started reading m/m romance.
- 25 signs of book addiction. (via TeleRead) I don’t want to read the list because I’ll lose plausible deniability…
Think, Do, Make, Learn
- Adding your emergency contact info to your phone’s lock screen is a great idea. Too bad their Android tip doesn’t seem applicable for my phone…
- Patrick Burke of You Can Play explains why he thinks LGBTQ athletes and allies should go to the Sochi Olympics. (via Puck Daddy)
- My Little Blackhawk is a tumblr of the Blackhawks as ponies. As if you couldn’t guess from the name. 😉
Cool or Wha…?
- Annoying ringtone champion. (Hover your cursor for additional text.)
- Cheetahs! Kitten! Baby tigers! Tapir and baby in Minnesota! Baby cheetahs! Snow leopard and babies! Baby penguin! Baby tigers! The MN DNR rescues ducklings! Baby red panda! Baby lynxes! Baby wolves!
- Hockey fics, hockey fics, getcher hockey fics at AO3!
“You’re not marking up my paws with your nasty marker, no way, no how. I’m keeping an eye on you.” -Chaos