Many thanks to Kaje Harper for donating
an ebook copy two ebook copies of her forthcoming m/m romance, Sole Support, for a lucky commenters to win!Â Sole Support will be released by Samhain Publishing on June 4. Thanks to Kaje for donating a second copy after we hit 100 comments!
He can find a use for his lover’s hands…except when he needs help the most.
Kellen is short on cash – at least until his first novel starts to sell – but he has plenty of friends. None of them, unfortunately, share his love of books. For that he turns to IM chats with Mike from his online book group.
Though he manages to coax the shy, socially inept pathologist into a real-time meeting, Kellen has no intention of letting his new friend become more than a casual lover. Shaky finances and ailing mother aside, self-sufficiency is Kellen’s prime directive.
Mike considers himself a nerd of the highest order – short, bespectacled, prone to blurting out the wrong thing at the worst possible time. Meeting Kellen face to face is the biggest risk of his life, and he wonders if they’ll get more body parts together than just their faces.
First meeting leads to first date – first everything for Mike – and soon Kellen’s faced with breaking his just-friends-with-benefits rule. Yet as his elderly mother wanders deeper into senility, Kellen wonders if it’s better to lean on Mike rather than fall.
Contains an emotional love story between a too-proud-for-his-own-good writer with an allergy to the L-word, and a painfully shy scientist who takes his sisters’ nagging to “get out there” literally. Oh, and an adorable stray cat.
Excerpt (scroll down and select tab)
- Life Lessons: Life Lessons, And To All a Good Night (free), Getting It Right (free), Breaking Cover, and Home Work
- Hidden Wolves: Unacceptable Risk and Unexpected Demands
- The Rebuilding Year
- Lies and Consequences (free)
- Complete list
I live in Minnesota (where the two seasons are snow removal and road-repair, and the mosquito is the state bird, and where sometimes in winter it is so beautiful you canâ€™t breathe for gazing at it). I have been writing for longer than I care to admit, and currently am focused on writing m/m romance. I have an interview on the BookWenches site that is more biographical, for those who are interested.
My first professionally published book, Life Lessons, came out from MLR Press in May 2011. This was the first thing I had submitted anywhere and I was thrilled when it was accepted. And now I have other work in print, both free and professionally published. This writing thing is addictive. So read, comment, tell me what you like and what you donâ€™t, and help me make the upcoming books even better.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT, Monday, June 3.
- By entering the contest, youâ€™re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you havenâ€™t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesnâ€™t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entryâ€¦
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry â€“ this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the â€œEmailâ€ portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesnâ€™t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the authorâ€™s intellectual property and donâ€™t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“Why are you making those ridiculous cooing noises, Mom? You are so weird!” -Mayhem