Congrats to Juliana, who wonÂ Chase in Shadow by Amy Lane! Chase in Shadow is being released today by Dreamspinner Press.
- ReadReactReview is giving away a copy of The Hunger Games and Philosophy. Make sure you read the directions before you comment! Contest closes 11:59 pm EST, February 25.
- Badass Book Reviews is giving away winner’s choice from Jordan Castillo Price’s PsyCop series. Contest closes midnight CST, February 25.
- RJ Scott’s giving away a $30 Silver Publishing voucher to celebrate some recent milestones. Make sure you read the directions for the contest! Contest closes noon GMT, February 26.
- Bronwyn Green’s giving away a copy of A Taste for a Mate by Carrie Ryan. Contest closes 7 pm EST, February 27.
- Blodeuedd’s giving away a copy of The Crown by Nancy Bilyeau. Contest closes February 29. US only.
- Joder’s giving away an ebook copy of Supernaturally Kissed by Stacey Kennedy. Contest closes 11:59 pm CST, March 1.
- New releases and more: Literary Escapism (UF/PNR), AAR (romance audiobooks), and Book Lovers Inc (a little of everything).
- Bookity linkity from ReadReactReview – including some thoughts on Pinterest and copyright.
- Typewriter waffle maker! (Thanks, Nicole!)
- You’ll notice I read a lot of free online fiction this week. I actually read the stories as ebooks. Sometimes I create my own ebooks from the online stories, using Word (rtf) and Calibre. Sometimes, if the story has a lot of sections, it’s just easier to have Story Master do the compilation and conversion for me. (Thanks to the GRs friends who told me about Story Master!)
Think, Do, Make, Learn
- Tour the Trojan condom manufacturing plant. (Probably NSFW.)
- How to stop companies from tracking you as you browse the web, whether you use Firefox or Chrome. Some info is also provided for IE, Safari, Opera, and mobile browsing.
- How to avoid spoilers online. Worth checking out just for the comic!
- The original Hurricane – to celebrate Mardi Gras, of course!
- Make kitty shoes. (via CRAFT)
- They’re making a musical version of the movie Valley Girl?! (I loved that movie – the soundtrack was amazing.)
- Pepper spray iPhone case. Or maybe you’d prefer a furry iPhone case?
- Kitten! Baby red pandas! Baby otters! Baby maned wolves! Dwarf leopard! Kitten and ferret! Baby tiger! Tiger! Black kitty! Not Mayhem! Not Chaos! Black kitten! Baby tigers! Black kitten! Kitten!
Protection by SA Reid. ebook. Excellent historical m/m romance set in a British prison in the late 1930s. This isn’t going to be for everyone – it’s gritty and violent, as befits the setting… and that violence includes rape. But if you can get past that, you’ll find a powerful story that had me in tears at the end.
WMSmoker Seeks Seclusion by PirateGrrl. free online. Very good m/m romance about Clyde, an incredibly defensive and intentionally unpleasant guy who’s really only nice to his dog. He’s knocked for a loop when a guy who works in the same building persists in talking to him and asking him out… and finally wears him down. Being inside Clyde’s head felt like living inside of a non-stop anxiety attack!
The Pirate’s Gamble (2nd ed) by Eden Winters. ebook short. Very good short time travel m/m romance about an archeologist who travels back in time and rescues artifacts that are about to be lost forever, then returns home to the man he loves… but who keeps him a secret.
Drunk Text by seventhswan. free online. Very good m/m romance about a straight college student who wakes up hungover one morning covered in finger paint with a text on his phone that suggests he had sex with a guy the night before…
The Morning After by Magalina. free online. Good m/m romance about a guy who wakes up hungover (hmm, this is starting to look like a reading theme this week) next to one of his friends – the friend he’s been in love with for years. This one had a twist to it. 🙂
The Side Effects of Forgetting by seventhswan. free online. Good m/m romance about a college student who wakes up in the hospital with amnesia – everything that makes him himself is missing). He basically has to rediscover himself, including his sexual orientation. This is a story that actually needed an epilogue or an additional chapter.
Plastic Jesus by Poppy Z. Brite. ebook. Good short story about a band modeled on the Beatles, only the two main singer/songwriters are gay and together.
Accidental Love by Shae Connor. ebook short. Good short m/m romance about two college roommates, one who’s sworn off sex and the other who spends his weekends having anonymous sex with guys he picks up at clubs… and then he realizes how attractive his roommate is.
A Rare Thing by Alex Douglas. ebook short. Good short m/m romance about a guy who’s gone back to college and needs to sell some of his grandmother’s old jewelry to make ends meet. It doesn’t hurt that the guy at the counter of the antique store is so attractive…
First Time, Forever by KC Burn. ebook arc. Good m/m romance about a couple in a long-term relationship who, after seeing their son off to college, hope to reconnect with each other, but… they don’t talk to each other about it, both too afraid that they’re losing the other. Sometimes I’m frustrated by stories in which the major conflict could be solved by a simple conversation, but with this one, I could see myself behaving exactly as did the main characters, so it felt realistic to me.
Safe Harbor by Derek Adams. ebook. Good m/m romance about a single dad who works at a marina, where he runs into the only guy he’d ever been attracted to. This would’ve been rated higher, but between the characters using each other’s names in conversation way more than was realistic and some rather silly euphemisms…
The Principal Cause of Death (Tom & Scott #4) by Mark Richard Zubro. Good gay mystery in which Tom has an altercation with a student and accused of murder.
An Echo of Death (Tom & Scott #5) by Mark Richard Zubro. Good gay mystery in which an old friend of Scott’s shows up, bringing trouble along with him.
Rust on the Razor (Tom & Scott #6) by Mark Richard Zubro. Good gay mystery in which Tom and Scott go to rural Georgia after Scott’s dad has a heart attack. They are not at all prepared for the bigotry and hatred they encounter.
Are You Nuts? (Tom & Scott #7) by Mark Richard Zubro. Good gay mystery in which a conservative running for union rep is found bludgeoned in the school library and one of Tom’s friends is the top suspect.
Lone Wolf by Shelley Munro. ebook. Ok paranormal m/m romance about a rebellious young artist who attends a getting in touch with your werewolf camp in Yellowstone and falls for one of the instructors. When he has to return to LA at the end of the course, his father tries to force him to become an architect. This had a number of loose ends, which will perhaps be tied up in the obviously planned sequel… Or perhaps not. I don’t plan to read it.
Starting Over (1 Night Stand #27) by Starla Kaye. ebook short. So-so short m/m romance about a divorced guy who knows he’s gay, but isn’t exactly sure how to hook up with another man so decides to go through the 1 Night Stand dating service. Apparently unclear pronoun references are a constant with this publisher.
“Just loafin’ around…” -Chaos
16 thoughts on “Linkity ladles less”
😀 Do we know you, or what?!
That black kitten in the pink sink goes a long way to make that sink look less obnoxious!
A recent post from Brigitte..Malcolm Is A Poet
I need a day to loaf, Chaos. Your lucky you can loaf more often!
A recent post from margene..Zen Ziggity
Chris- You know, I can really see a need for that pepper spray Iphone case- sorry to say it.
A recent post from Lorraine..Kittyspin
I quite like the Terrifying Tentacles. Too bad it’s so expensive.
I think I’ll skip the panther security system. The “related” yodeling cat video was funny-but-creepy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=nAvLlPCbyQQ
A recent post from Cheryl S…Snow = knitting
heh – I actually did tour the Trojans plant in college. The folks there really did all of the stuff you could imagine regarding condom testing!
A recent post from trek..In which Pipey delivers
Good links to help Google forget me…. at least the real me…..
Thank you for the link!
The idea of a plagiarized story just makes my guts twist. I used to work at a company where I spent a ridiculous amount of time explaining to a coworker why plagiarism was wrong (and this was for a work report no less).
Chris, you know you’ve just earned yourself a story about a dalmation shifter with that photo, right?
A recent post from Seanna Lea..Happy birthday to me!
Great linkity! Thanks for the google privacy link.
A recent post from mrspao..A wander at Ashburnham
Great linkity! Thanks for the privacy info. You do know Kris is saving these awkward photos for prompts to spring on an unsuspecting author one day, don’t you?!
LOVE the snow art! Though, I can’t imagine making it! o.O And thanks for the Google privacy info! Loved the Sh*t Book Reviewers Say. 😀
A recent post from Bronwyn Green..Riding in Cars with Boys – Part Eighteen
750 percent stretchability….really, 750%??? Whoever set that product specification didn’t have a good grasp on the relative size of things.
Chaos totally resembles the rescue panther!
A recent post from Ava March..Random Updates Version…I lost track
Lol, I love good cop, dadaist cop
I have shelved any number of Longarm books in my library days. Now my hands feel dirty.
But thanks for the links on how to maintain net privacy. I used several of the tips.
A recent post from kmkat..Why do we need libraries? Isn’t everything on the internet?
Linkity! YAH! OMG! I so wants a Star Wars rubber duck!
…getting in touch with your werewolf camp…
Oh, and Story Master sounds interesting!
A recent post from orannia..Insight
Playing a game of Tetris in my mind = pretty much all of the time.
OMG Protection was amazing. Killed me. Also loved Something Different by this author.