The hottest name in network news is Daniel Halstrom. He is a sensation, a rising star. He is also a slave, owned wholly and completely by NewWorld Media.
But before he was a star, he was a frightened child from a bad place with a promising, if limited, future ahead of him. In “The New Kid”, young Daniel begins his schooling. Then, for a slave, the simple pleasure of a “Bathroom Break” is sometimes the only pleasure to be had. Later, Daniel doesn’t know it, but “A Chance Encounter” might be the most important of his life. Next, in “Camera Obscura”, one of Daniel’s colleagues reflects on the fact that as much as the camera may show, it can hide even more. Finally, when you’re a slave, “Independence Day” is just another day.
Exclusive Bonus Content!
Excerpt from Anchored by Rachel Haimowitz, the debut novel in the Belonging series
The never-before-published prologue to Anchored
A sneak peek at Counterpunch, the upcoming Belonging novel by Aleksandr Voinov
- Anchored (Belonging)
- Sublime: Collected Shorts
- Stuff My Stocking anthology (free)
- Jungle Heat (free)
- Counterpoint (Song of the Fallen #1)
- Crescendo (Song of the Fallen #2)
- Weight of a Gun anthology (available December 9)
Rachel is an M/M erotic romance author and a freelance writer and editor. She’s also a sadist with a pesky conscience, shamelessly silly, and quite proudly pervish. Fortunately, all those things make writing a lot more fun for her… if not so much for her characters.
When she’s not writing about hot guys getting it on (or just plain getting it; her characters rarely escape a story unscathed), she loves to read, hike, camp, sing, perform in community theater, and glue captions to cats. She also has a particular fondness for her very needy dog, her even needier cat, and shouting at kids to get off her lawn.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT, Thursday, August 25.
- By entering the contest, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you haven’t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesn’t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entry…
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry – this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the “Email” portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesn’t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the author’s intellectual property and don’t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“No, May, I’m not going to get off this nip toy so you can have it. I’m using it!” -Chaos
“We’ll just see about that, big kitty…” -Mayhem