Johnny Rayne has had enough – enough of being at the top of the rock music industry for the last decade, enough of constant touring and recording. He wants something more – just something very different. Moving to a farm in West Virginia, Johnny meets Sheriff Virgil Grissom on his first morning in the mountains.
The sheriff challenges Johnny in a multitude of ways – with overt machismo, disdain for Johnny’s musician past, and all-around know-it-all-ness. The two men clash continually, and Johnny resists succumbing to the sheriff’s brash charm until Grissom forces him to admit some very basic truths. One: Johnny’s definitely attracted to men. Two: Johnny’s definitely attracted to Grissom. And three: Johnny’s definitely going to enjoy every moment of it.
I’m a Midwesterner by birth – lived briefly in the Pacific Northwest – and I dream of the Appalachians and someday sitting on a veranda looking over one hundred acres of paradise. Writing stories about lovers butting heads, making each other crazy, laughing and loving is what I like to do.
You can find out more about J.M. at her website.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CST, Tuesday, January 25.
- If you havenâ€™t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesnâ€™t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entryâ€¦
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry â€“ this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the â€œEmailâ€ portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesnâ€™t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the authorâ€™s intellectual property and donâ€™t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“Ok, fine, I’ll pretend I have no idea where you are, big kitty.” -Mayhem
“Hee hee!” -Chaos