Work continues to be crazy. I am so behind on blogs and GoodReads and life in general. Hi! :waving:
- New releases: Smart Bitches (romance), Gizmodo (fantasy & scifi), Tor.com (scifi, fantasy), Fiction Vixen (romance), AAR (romance), and Dear Author (romance)
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- Writerly linkity from Becky Black.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Cover snark from Smart Bitches.
- 23 Antarctican slang terms.
- “You have been transported to the location in the last book you read. Where are you?” I came out pretty well in that one: Newford and the desert near Tucson, Arizona.
- Video game set in Walden Woods.
Think, Do, Make, Learn
- On “smol”.
- Short film about the evolution of the universe.
- Who knew you could play games right in your browser?
- Do you know which is the least-visited national park in the continental US?
- “How aluminum changed the world“.
- Timelapse of a 1223 pound pumpkin growing.
- Crows and tool use.
- Butternut squash with sriracha and coconut.
- Rainbow veggie noodle salad.
- 23 hearty vegetarian dinners.
- Caprese chicken.
- Caprese grilled cheese.
- 10 summer breakfast casseroles.
- Upside-down tomato corn cake.
- Easiest ice cream cake.
- Dulce de leche chocolate cupcakes. (via smoke-and-oakum)
- The difference between the primary color wheel for paint and for digital.
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- It’s cool, but it is definitely not the sort of mural I’d expect to see in a Radisson.
- Good to remember about autism.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Next level foam art or photoshopped?!
- R2-D2 bento box. (via The Mary Sue)
- Cassette-shaped table.
- Pop-up mosquito cage.
- “Watch classic Soviet sci-fi films for free online“.
- A brigadier penguin?
- Print your own Stargate.
- Inflatable cockroach for lounging on in the pool.
- Sunscreen that smells like fried chicken.
- “An axe-throwing range is coming to Chicago“.
- Axe handle made of gummi bears.
- $3000 box of colored pencils. (It’s a brand that uses cedar for the wood of the pencils, which means I will never, ever, ever try any of their pencils – even the more reasonably priced ones. :wheezing asthmatic sounds:)
- So very Chaos…
- People share the birds they’d most like to see.
- Autocorrect and religion.
- NASA and computers. (Hover your cursor/long-press for additional text.)
- Linear regression. (Hover your cursor/long-press for additional text.)
Moonlight and Vines by Charles de Lint. Upon rereading, I liked this third collection of Newford stories more than the second (The Ivory and the Horn).
Forests of the Heart by Charles de Lint. This Newford book was a solid read, but not one of my favorites.
The Onion Girl by Charles de Lint. Not my favorite Newford book – it’s a hard read. I really wanted some magical healing, dammit.
“Why are you taking a picture of my foot, Mom??!” -Chaos
Check out that proto-thumb dewclaw there, eh? He doesn’t have extra toes or anything – just large and weirdly dexterous dewclaws. I don’t think May can even move her dewclaws, besides flexing the actual claw…