- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance) and Dear Author (romance)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Bookity linkity from Smart Bitches.
- “100 awesome things about Beverly Cleary on her 100th birthday“.
- Ink and pen linkity from Inkophile.
- Sunita with an update on her various journals and planning systems.
- Writers’ notebooks.
- 100 weird novels.
- “How to spring clean your Goodreads TBR pile“.
- Collective nouns for animal groups – always fun to revisit.
- Famous poems rewritten as limericks.
- Awful tweets from Awful Fantasy.
- Harry Potter The Breakfast Club parody trailer.
Do, Learn, Make, Think
- Animated look at the importance of zero.
- “We now know why bearcats smell like buttered popcorn“. (Included entirely because the title amused me.)
- The importance of self care.
- The science of apologies.
- “The National Weather Service will only use its FAMOUS ALL CAPS FORECASTS for emergencies“.
- As long as it isn’t a film strip projector…
- Death Valley super bloom.
- Take a look inside an Etch-a-Sketch.
- Could a bird deliver a pizza to someone on a plane?
- Loch Ness Monster found! 😉
- Thai red curry risotto. (via The Kitchn)
- Stir-fried cabbage in peanut sauce.
- Stir-fried garlic, tofu, and eggplant.
- Stir-fried chile-lemon shrimp and rice noodles.
- Stir-fried beef and asparagus.
- 13 asparagus recipes.
- 15 recipes with melty cheese.
- Cauliflower and mushroom tater tot breakfast casserole.
- Apricot newtons.
- Cake that looks like Jupiter. (via mental_floss)
- Sew some pocket extenders to make the pockets in women’s pants actually useful.
- Make your own transforming purse.
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- NASA doesn’t like it when climate change deniers try to misrepresent its work.
- LEGO sculptures of famous buildings.
- Yellowstone mammal migrations.
- Animations of old penny arcade machines.
- Historical photos animated.
- New York City from above.
- Online circuit simulator.
- The White House Science Fair.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Free coloring book page… of artichokes.
- Robert Downey Jr in a bunny suit.
- Scratching posts printed with famous works of art.
- Poutine Stanley Cup.
- “Someone ported Flappy Bird to an e-cigarette“.
- Cricket flour.
- At-home cheese cave.
- “The CIA wants beauty products to collect your DNA“.
- Darth Vader made out of sex toys. (NSFW)
- Darth Vader, Cake Wrecks style. Scary lamb.
- Wikipedia talk pages for cities. (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
Book + Art: Handcrafting Artists’ Books by Dorothy Simpson Krause. Lovely look at creating books as art objects – the author has an amazing body of work, although I was definitely ready for a break from earth tones by the end. She covers a wide array of topics beyond book making and binding, from making a gelatin sheet to print from (look online for a recipe that is shelf-stable instead) to making a collapsible piercing cradle (the secret to getting your sewing holes straight through your signatures).
“It’s not very nice to sit on me, big kitty.” -Mayhem
“Like I care.” -Chaos