- What’s in my bag. This was inspired by Sunita sharing what was in her bag – and there’s a wealth of additional info from commenters.
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (UF/romance) and Tor.com (PNR)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- All sorts of bookity linkity from Book Riot. And more.
- Bookity linkity and thinkity thoughts from Sunita.
- “Genre exploitation or unreasonable reader expectations?“
- “On ignoring genre divisions“.
- Becky Black with five reasons authors shouldn’t read their reviews.
- Neil Gaiman was interviewed for Reading Rainbow.
- “#VeryRealisticYA exposes what’s missing in books for young people“. (via elvenenchantress)
- 20 definitions from The Cynic’s Word Book.
- Graffiti tributes to Sir Terry Pratchett. (via Tor.com)
- “If famous artists illustrated classic books“.
- Check your grammar. (via Emma Sea)
- Make yourself some invisible bookends. (via CRAFT)
- Very cool Little Free Libraries.
- Book-related parody songs.
Think, Make, Do, Learn
- An analytical chemist debunks the Food Babe’s claims. (via wilwheaton)
- “Stop demonizing almonds” in California’s drought.
- Leonard Cohen spoken word, excerpted from his song “Democracy”.
- How much you need to earn to be considered “middle class” by state in the US.
- “The science of why it might pay to be nice“.
- Eight food myths.
- What would kill you first if you started to dig straight down at one foot per second?
- If you see a ghost, you might just be in a moldy place rather than a haunted place.
- For those of you only familiar with the Australian possum, check out what the American opossum looks like.
- Fried eggs and collard greens over polenta.
- Slow cooker sausage and spinach lasagna.
- Crispy Thai Brussels sprouts. (via The Kitchn)
- Southwest quinoa breakfast bowl.
- 14 vegetarian pasta recipes.
- 21 asparagus recipes.
- Brown butter banana bread with peanut streusel.
- Blueberry cheesecake bars.
- Coconut and matcha mochi cake.
- Lemon marshmallow cake.
- Almond coffee cake.
- Chocolate chip muffins.
- Mini Pop-Tart cereal. (via The Kitchn)
- Xanthan gum free blueberry muffins.
- Strawberry Danish braid.
- Meltaway cookies.
- Bunny cookies.
- Chocolate silk pie.
- Gruyère and chive popovers.
- Galactic Easter eggs.
- Moleskinne notebooks with Batman on the cover.
- What would your wizarding job be? (via Paperback Writer) (Mine would be Hogwart’s professor.)
- As applicable as when it was printed 150ish years ago.
- An Enigma Machine for your wrist.
- Time lapse of the sun.
- What the Earth looks like to the astronauts on the ISS.
- Post-it note murals of superheroes.
- Short film The Reinventor.
- Short animated film about nail art come to life.
- Supercut of teen movies from the 80s.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Reusable silicone microwave popcorn “bag”.
- Chocolate megalodon teeth.
- Wi-fi router shaped like the USS Enterprise.
- Star Wars blocks.
- Star Wars space slug-in-a-box.
- Sesame Street’s Game of Thrones parody.
- Space Invaders typing challenge.
- “20 real official merchandise items no one thought through“. (via wilwheaton) #16… O.O
- Back away from the photo editing software and no one gets hurt any worse than they already are…
- Inflatable hero chest vest.
- The eight most ridiculous ballpark foods. (via mental_floss)
- “Benedict#Chocobatch gets eaten in a UK shopping mall“.
- Stories of IT revenge…
- Autocorrect Easter fails.
- Scenery cheat sheet. (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
- Remember the “What could go wrong?” a few weeks ago? It got better – check out the gif that’s been added.
- Wedding Cake Wrecks.
- That is a helluva lot of mice.
- “Neutral luck“.
- 10 photos of cats “helping” make the bed.
- Baby red pandas! Koala! Baby otters! Baby clouded leopards! Jaguar and baby! Goat and babies! Baby penguins! Bun!
Urban Watercolor Sketching: A Guide to Drawing, Painting, and Storytelling in Color by Felix Scheinberger. Good overview of a wide range of watercolor techniques, emphasizing a more on-the-go and dynamic style of watercolor painting than most other introductory books.
And of course – hockey fics!
*still judging, still prettily* -Mayhem
*grumping about dinner being late, two hours before dinner time* -Chaos