- If you missed it, Monday’s post had art journaling and pictures from my neighborhood.
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance) and Dear Author (romance)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Writerly linkity from Becky Black.
- A Pride and Prejudice board game.
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies trailer.
- Literary messenger bags.
- Literary corn mazes.
- xkcd on Frankestein. (Hover your cursor/long-press for additional text.)
- “Watch a writer hammer out his novel in real time“.
Think, Make, Do, Learn
- Potentially good clothing brands for your body type.
- Five weather myths debunked.
- Standing desks have been rather overrated, it seems.
- Oh oh – there’s a pumpkin shortage. Again.
- “Borderlands & asexual representation: How I discovered my sexuality while playing a first-person shooter“.
- Paramount released a bunch of free movies on YouTube.
- New video of Jupiter from NASA.
- How did NASA’s astronauts become such social media wizzes?
- More science in deleted scenes from The Martian.
- Interactive history timeline.
- See how toilets are made.
- 43 unusual British town names.
- 46 pizza facts.
- 20 dinner recipes for eggs.
- 8 cornbread recipes.
- Butternut squash in fresh green curry.
- Sweet corn polenta with eggplant sauce.
- Sweet potato pancakes.
- Cracker jack.
- 10 recipes using pears.
- Apple pie breakfast cookies.
- 11 apple cakes.
- Roasted pear cake with brown butter glaze.
- Chocolate souffle.
- Chocolate peanut butter cupcakes. (via gronkowskis)
- Ultimate fudge brownies. (via gronkowskis)
- Soft cream cheese cutout sugar cookies.
- Pumpkin doughnuts.
- Spiced gingerbread muffins.
- 15 recipes for gluten-free baked goods.
- Make yourself a light-up steampunk skull for $2.00 (USD).
- Make some origami bats.
- Build a TARDIS cat fort. (Thanks, Cheryl!)
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- Black kitties!
- “Watch 14 minutes of lost animation from Monty Python and the Holy Grail“.
- LEGO Roman Empire.
- X-Files LEGO minifigs.
- Animated X-Files teaser.
- Stop-motion Apollo mission.
- View London from the back of an eagle. (Motion sickness warning.)
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Homer in the hedge fingernails.
- 8-bit video game version of Mad Max: Fury Road.
- Star Wars shower heads.
- “Largest caravan built with interlocking LEGO pieces“.
- Knitted clothing printer, OpenKnit.
- Cake Wrecks and more Cake Wrecks. (Could be perceived as NSFWish – apparently Facebook thought so.)
- A benefit of having a cat…
- Otter and baby! Baby meerkats! Zebra and baby! Yak and baby! Snow leopard and babies! Baby nyala! Moose meets drone!
Creative Wildfire: An Introduction to Art Journaling – Basics and Beyond by LK Ludwig. This one had some interesting ideas I hadn’t seen anywhere else for dealing with sticky pages. I would’ve liked this more if not for the whole “creative wildfire” metaphor throughout the book. Ugh. But I did really like this quote from the author: “To make time for art, you have to believe that it’s possible to make time for art.”
It’s catghan season again! Mmmm, warm.
“…zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…” -Chaos & Mayhem