- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance), Dear Author (romance), and AAR (romance)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Book linkity from Smart Bitches.
- “Against the ‘serious reader’“.
- “A lost HP Lovecraft manuscript was recently rediscovered. The work was commissioned by magician Henry Houdini.“
- The adult coloring book craze… Presidential candidate coloring books.
- 40 “H” words.
- Resources for improving your handwriting.
- Pantone bookshelves.
Do, Think, Learn, Make
- Learn more about Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
- And then learn more about Bill Nye the Science Guy.
- Web ads on mobile do indeed use up your data.
- Follow the “this might answer your question” link if you’re curious…
- President Obama has no more fucks to give and it is glorious. Hamilton at the White House with the President.
- The different kinds of cuts used in movies.
- First Avenue’s influence on Minneapolis music in the 80s.
- More on the whole transporter/quantum teleportation problem.
- The Large Hadron Collider is really big.
- How long it takes each planet to orbit the sun. (I’m pretty sure I’ve included this before, but the comment about lazy Neptune makes me laugh every time.)
- “Eat the sun“.
- The science behind 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- There’s an on/off switch for sperm…
- And a bacteria that can now eat plastic.
- Spinach and refried bean quesadillas.
- 10 tropical smoothies.
- 22 main dish salads.
- 20 pie recipes.
- Candy bar coffee cake.
- S’mores waffles. (via Lifehacker)
- Peanut butter stuffed peanut butter cookies. (via gilajames)
- Some photos from the Cloud Cult show at the State Theater I went to on Saturday.
- Winter turning into spring.
- “A horse-lovers’ guide to The Hobbit“.
- The Newtown, Australia, fire station is awesome.
- “Steampunk symphony“.
- You can listen to a thousand hours of old-school jazz free online.
- An app that helps you figure out geological features when you’re in a plane.
Cool or Wha…?
- Lucky Charms chia pudding. (via The Kitchn)
- Cadbury Egg-stuffed croissants.
- “This guy can solve 3 different Rubik’s Cube[s] while juggling them at the same time“.
- Bento watch.
- Potato-chip flavored soda.
- Peeps Fest. (via elvenenchantress)
- Oh, we’re so wild here in Minneapolis, eh.
- Autocorrected weekend plans.
- 17 St Patrick’s Day autocorrects.
- St Patrick’s Day Cake Wrecks.
- Captain America: Civil [Thumb] War. (via stars-benn)
- Millenium Falcon parking problems.
- “Ohio farmer spends 4 hours writing massive anti-Trump message in cow manure“. (via itstartledme) (Ok, Ohio is wilder than us.)
Map Art Lab: 52 Exciting Art Explorations in Mapmaking, Imagination, and Travel by Jill K Berry & Linden McNeilly. Loved! Definitely need to buy my own copy because the library copy is just bristling with “try this” bookmarks.
Making an Impression: Designing and Creating Artful Stamps by Geninne Zlatkis. Pretty good book about getting started carving rubber stamps, although it was definitely focused more on using the templates provided by the author than on actually designing or creating stamps.
Hawkeye, Volume 1: My Life as a Weapon by Matt Fraction, David Aja, Javier Pulido, & Alan Davis. I’ve been intrigued by the out-of-context Clint Barton snippets I’ve seen on tumblr, so I decided to check out the actual comic book. I did skip the Young Avengers comic in the back – probably would’ve read it if it had been in the same style as the rest.
*looking winsome* -Mayhem