- New releases: Smart Bitches (romance)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from Book Riot.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- “Hamlet adaptation where Hamlet is a vlogger and all his soliloquies are breakdowns he uploads to YouTube.”
- “Tingle just cranked out 50k words for a spite story for JKR and I am LIVING for it!”
- Some Terry Pratchett quotes on policing from Discworld.
- 2015 comics anthology called APB: Artists against Police Brutality.
- The Hate U Give may be available to watch for free on your favorite streaming service.
- Read the next book (a collection of essays) for the One Book, One Minnesota bookclub – A Good Time for the Truth: Race in Minnesota.
Think, Do, Make, Learn
- On imagination.
- Lake Baikal is kind of terrifying. Also, it apparently contains 22-23% of the world’s fresh surface water.
- Hannah Gadsby with a message for anti-vaxxers.
- Street art in Seattle’s Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone.
- Sir Patrick Stewart on Sesame Street.
- “How to help your memory when stress is taking its toll”.
- “Learn the history of Juneteenth in two minutes”.
- “Why Juneteenth should be a national holiday”.
- Good quote about bigotry.
- A note to white allies.
- Zoom is adding end-to-end encryption to its free service.
- How to block political ads on Facebook and Instagram.
Life in These Pandemic Times
- That 2020 mood. Oh, yes.
- Disaster fatigue… yeah.
- That’s one way to keep your glasses from fogging over when wearing a mask…
- “Study: 100% face mask use could crush second, third COVID-19 wave”.
- Track your state’s R naught.
- “Enroll in a free online course on contact tracing through Johns Hopkins”.
- “Connie Willis’ Doomsday Book: Classic SF about pandemics explores faith in both science and spirituality”.
- Linkity from kmkat. And more.
- Sausage-stuffed spaghetti squash.
- Broccoli and cheese spaghetti squash casserole.
- Spaghetti squash chicken parmesan skillet dinner. Huh, must be spaghetti squash week at The Kitchn… but is spaghetti squash even in season?!
- A black cat demonstrates how to assemble a shipping box.
- Yes, please.
- A “favorite whimsical trait of humanity’s”.
Cool or Wha…?
- Well, it’s good to know Facebook has a limit – I was starting to wonder. My ???? is that the ads even exist. UGH.
- “The Segway’s inventor wants to mass-produce human organs”.
Mostly doomsurfing, but I’ve read some fanfic – and even some new fanfic (vs rereading, which I have been doing A LOT).
“If I don’t make eye contact, Mom won’t remove me from this kitty perch she claims is a ‘paper trimmer’!” -Mayhem, incorrectly