- New releases: AAR (romance) and Tor.com (fantasy, YA SFF, genre benders, scifi)
- Cover snark from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches. And more.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- Signs at the British Library.
- “English Pronunciation”, a poem.
- “A History of Good Omens“.
- Neil Gaiman on imposter syndrome.
- On why trying to write like Tolkien really means writing like yourself.
- 40 Terry Pratchett quotes.
- “From the Point of View of a Cat” by Karel Čapek.
Think, Do, Make, Learn
- Have you ever heard of cartographer Marie Tharp? I hadn’t.
- “The spiciest parts of the full impeachment report“.
- BP gets sued for false advertising.
- “The shocking rise of consumer drug prices“.
- Lake Superior in winter (in case you’ve forgotten it’s really an inland freshwater sea).
- I would personally be delighted to find a line of snow ducks.
- Felt kitchen.
- My version of the username song meme.
Cool or Wha…?
- Disconcerting photographs.
- Tetris, public service department style.
- IKEA tarot deck.
- Star Wars and Instant Pot.
- Have an Untitled Goose Christmas!
- Bot tshirt production gone terribly awry in the most deserving of fashions.
- Time cops.
- “How to spot a dragon using an illusion spell“.
- Darby is not a feline mastermind.
- A cat watching a horror movie.
Learning by Heart: Teachings to Free the Creative Spirit by Corita Kent & Jan Steward. One of the best books about creativity I’ve ever read, despite it looking as if it was produced on a photocopier in the 1980s.
Magic for Liars by Sarah Gailey. I’m still not sure how I feel about this one. The POV character is an unreliable narrator who admits she’s a liar right off the bat. She’s also a PI who’s hired to solve a suspicious death at a California boarding school for mages, where her estranged sister teaches. It definitely sucked me in, because I read it in one evening. But right now when I think about the book, it’s like there’s a very small pebble in my shoe – a small but persistent irritation.
“Oh, geez, how many pictures are you going to TAKE, Mom?!?” -Mayhem