- New releases: Tor (YA SFF, scifi, fantasy), AAR (romance)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches. Cover snark from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- 15 poems about happiness.
- Joy Harjo is the new US Poet Laureate.
- Choose your own Jane Austen adventure. (via The Mary Sue)
- Merriam-Webster’s “Time Traveler” feature. I was born the same year as “ranch dressing”, “multitasking”, and “found poem”…
- “When fandom is the problem“.
- Neil Gaiman on canon and fanfic and such.
- Netflix ‘cancels’ Good Omens.
- Cute Good Omens/Noah comic.
- Another cute Good Omens comic.
- “Paradise Lost is fanfic of the Bible…“
Do, Learn, Make, Think
- US Embassies around the world show creative thinking in displaying the Pride flags they’re not allowed to display on a flag pole (malicious compliance ftw!).
- If you’ve ever wondered why people with autism or ADHD have more trouble focusing in noisy places than do neurotypicals…
- Report on the health hazards of fracking released.
- “Make America great again…“
- Leslie Jones on recent goings-on in Alabama.
- Highlights Magazine takes a stand against children being in concentration camps.
- Scale drawings of all sorts of things.
- Beware gas pump skimmers.
- I’m going to just assume that’s photoshopped, because downtown Minneapolis doesn’t usually get that wild.
Going Postal, Making Money, and Raising Steam (Discworld 33, 36, 40) by Terry Pratchett. Six months ago, if you’d tried to tell me I’d really enjoy reading two books about a guy whose first name is “Moist”, I would’ve backed slowly away from you. Raising Steam was a dnf. It… was not readable as a Terry Pratchett book. 🙁
The Light Fantastic (Discworld #2) by Terry Pratchett. The continuing adventures of Rincewind, Twoflower, and the Luggage.
Sourcery, Interesting Times, and The Last Continent (Discworld 5, 17, 22) by Terry Pratchett. More Rincewind and the wizards of Unseen University.
(Ha! His ears are giving away his ignoring FAIL.) (Also, you can see the fur regrowth progress on the back of his head there.)