…which means more likely than not, there won’t be linkity again until August 9. Although I might manage SOMETHING to break up that month. We’ll see how it goes! 🙂
- New releases: Smart Bitches (romance) and io9 (scifi/fantasy)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- “What the Laura Ingalls Wilder award name change means – and what it doesn’t“.
- Neil Gaiman says goodbye to Harlan Ellison.
- “What rereading Black Beauty taught me about social justice“.
- 50 books about music.
- What if Lizzie Bennet came “from a family of mechanics but left the family business to become a cop”?
- How story ideas look in your head vs how they look on paper, visualized using Starry Night.
Think, Learn, Do, Make
- Clarification of what cultural appropriation actually is.
- NASA things for July.
- Learn all about ceiling fans.
- That time Ben Franklin and John Adams had to share a bed.
- That time the Ottoman Sultan wrote to some Ukrainian cossacks and demanded they submit.
- “Whiny baby tRUMP balloon set to greet the president when he visits London“.
- Yeah, you have some wacky weather when you’re in the middle of a continental landmass.
- 10 easy chicken dinner recipes.
- Sheet-pan honey dijon chicken and vegetables.
- Vegetable breakfast hash.
- Zucchini burrito bowls. (via The Kitchn)
- Garlicky marinated mushrooms.
- Corn recipes.
- Blueberry recipes.
- Blueberry crumb bars.
- Food processor pound cake.
- Best chocolate cake. (via jmcbks)
- We have a few bridges here.
- SO MUCH YES!
- Why you should love Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid.
- “Ballet dancers in random situations“.
- Astronaut tweets (from 2014).
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Fruit tart cat bed.
- For those of you who’ve always wanted to live in a Gothic church.
- Moth and butterfly fiber sculptures.
- Huh. Apparently I missed a second civil war on Wednesday.
- A FOX News broadcaster “claims immigrants are sucking up the finite resource that is love“. Maybe I just need to rename this section “Extended facepalm”…
- Automatic sand printer.
- “A sitcom about the modern Greek gods where everyone is wildly miscast. Zeus is played by Michael Cera.“
- For bad days.
- Darn those “freeloaders who just wan to cheat the government out of wasps”!
- “Lycanthropy is a feminist issue“.
- New Simon’s Cat short called “The Snip”.
- “What do cupcake theft and goat-keeping have in common?“
- Masters of Mansplaining.
- Noses of cats! Penguins and a cardinal! Black kitten! Wolverine and babies! Mountain goat and baby! Scottish wildcat and babies!
Poemcrazy: Freeing your life with words by Susan G. Wooldridge. I liked this a lot – particularly how accessible Wooldridge makes poetry and word play to everyone. Wooldridge’s “word tickets” sounded an awful lot like Magnetic Poetry to me, and based on the original publication date, she was probably writing this around the time the original Magnetic Poetry set was released (but probably before it was widespread).
No Time to Spare: Thinking about What Matters by Ursula K Le Guin. Initially, I was quite enjoying this one, but then I hit a rather curmudgeonly bit and set it aside, never to pick it up again.
“I am dying of hunger. Please feed me.” -Chaos