- New releases: Tor.com (genre-benders, scifi, fantasy)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches. And more.
- “The importance of contemporary poetry“.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- Cover snark from Smart Bitches.
- “50 must-read nonfiction audiobooks under 10 hours“.
- “50 must-read books about neurodiversity“.
- On the use of “squick” in fandom.
- The future of computer-assisted novel writing?
- Hogwarts houses working together.
- Luna Lovegood, tattoo artist.
- On the importance of storytelling.
Learn, Think, Make, Do
- “9 ocean facts you don’t know but should“.
- Woe the baobabs. 🙁
- Do bees understand zero?
- On figuring out the whole ace/aro thing.
- Zucchini breakfast casserole.
- Buffalo chickpea salad.
- 25 easy vegan recipes.
- Easy blender lemon curd.
- Chewy chocolate meringues.
- Deep-dish chocolate chip skillet cookie.
- Mrs Fields’ style chocolate chip cookies.
- Chocolate wafer cookies.
- Classic icebox cake.
- 25 gluten-free desserts.
- How to make a TARDIS journal.
- “A guide to Tombow dual brush pen palettes and colors“.
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- On acknowledging your emotions.
- “When your number is called“.
- Pianos on Parade. (via stuffaboutminnesota)
- Meet Minneapolis.
- Spoonbridge & Cherry.
- Downtown Minneapolis.
- Minnesota State Representative Ilhan Omar is in a Maroon 5 music video.
- I’m imagining, Little Free Library.
- The story of BabyTodd. The sequel.
- Steel turned into lace.
- “Firefly: 15 years later, a look back“.
- Linkity from kmkat. And more.
Cool or Wha…?
- Things that I did not expect this week – the drama of #mprraccoon! Thankfully it had a happy ending. Fan art and t-shirts available…
- Roof dragon.
- I think this mug look neat, but I would probably break off the crystals within hours. I’m clumsy.
- Bob Ross sleep meditation.
- Augmented reality to help you preview nail polish colors.
- No big deal, just potentially invalidating an awful lot of studies involving lab rats. (Of course, if you go to the source, this is from four years ago.)
- Sawblade launching handheld catapult.
- “Domino’s is fixing America’s crappy roads for pizza safety“.
- Broccoli coffee.
- That’s a lot of goats.
- Other restaurant chains had a delightful time with IHOP changing its name to IHOB.
- That cat is not so good at catching Q-tips.
- The Codex of Privacy.
- A guide to common birds of the western US.
- Animal cookies.
- Surprised red pandas.
- A Simon’s Cat short.
- Humans Are Weird, again, simply for the “strongest castle in the solar system” bit.
- Some common hazards.
- xkcd has some ideas for a new Presidential line of succession. (Hover cursor/long-press for caption.)
- “Cookie mountain“.
Wildly into the Dark: Typewriter Poems and the Rattlings of a Curious Mind by Tyler Knott Gregson. Good collection of short poems that I didn’t quite connect with.
The Repurposed Library: 33 Craft Projects That Give Old Books New Life by Lisa Occhipinti. Very good look at how to transform old books into all sorts of things, such as lamps, a chandelier, a fireplace screen, an ebook reader cover, and more.
Collage Art: A Step-by-Step Guide and Showcase by Jennifer L Atkinson. Good collection of interesting collage techniques, including using collagraphy, woven paper, fabric, and assemblage. For a book from 1996, it definitely managed a mostly timeless feel.
the princess saves herself in this one by Amanda Lovelace. Very good, most likely haunting collection of poetry. Some of the poems resonated all too well.
“You stay right there, May.” -Chaos
“But WHY, big kitty??” -Mayhem