- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance) and Dear Author (romance)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Bookity linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Writerly linkity from Becky Black.
- “Books to read when your brain is fried“.
- Word counts of famous fiction – very handy for those of us who know how long it takes us to read x words, but not x pages. (I blame AO3.)
- 40 S words.
- Pen and ink linkity from Inkophile.
- “Pencilvanya” video.
- Handmade journal linkity from Book Riot.
- Smart Bitches feature on Alnwick Castle. (My dad and stepmom have stayed there a couple of times, for a semester each time, when my stepmom was there teaching.)
- The Shining has been adapted into an opera.
- “Write with the confidence of a [R]oman naturalist who has literally no idea what he’s talking about“.
- See one of the coin-operated dioramas in the House on the Rock that Neil Gaiman wrote about inÂ American Gods. (Yes, the US is weird. Check out Roadside America to get a better sense of how weird.)
- Play Tetris on a bookshelf.
- Paintings on salvaged books.
Think Do Learn Make
- “Autism self-diagnosis is not special snowflake syndrome“. (via autisticproblems)
- Orientation and gender identity. (via stars-benn)
- “It’s time to adapt to megafires“.
- Edible six-pack rings.
- Living in Hong Kong.
- See the world from a container ship.
- Ways you can die in space.
- Sleep misconceptions.
- How the US diet has changed over the past 40 years.
- Castles you can stay in.
- 23 vegetarian dinners.
- Spring vegetable and chicken braise.
- Rhubarb and brown sugar skillet pork chops.
- Strawberry streusel cake.
- Lemon supreme layer cake.
- Honey-apple layer cake.
- Towering strawberry shortcake.
- Chocolate coconut cake.
- Cake batter waffles.
- 4-ingredient funfetti fudge.
- 25 chocolate recipes.
- Strawberry rhubarb orange “julius”.
- Helenic equivalencies.
- LEGO Big Ben.
- Star Wars-Hitchcock mashup.
- “The secret of staying happy in fandom“.
- Communication breakdown. (A photo I took in my neighborhood recently.)
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Cheese ball cannon.
- Giant revolving bust of Franz Kafka.
- Twin Peaks bingo.
- Giant squid and octopus kites.
- Mobile movie screens.
- Gold-plated LEGO bags.
- Not only is Tetris going to be a movie, it’s going to be a movie trilogy.
- Cadillac has opened a coffee shop.
- Having a black hole on your coffee table… (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
- 7 stages of receiving a voicemail. Accurate.
- Mottoes for various countries.
- NHL playoff hockey.
- Cake Wrecks. More Cake Wrecks.
- Autocorrects involving cats.
At Home with Handmade Books: 28 Extraordinary Bookbinding Projects Made from Ordinary and Repurposed Materials by Erin Zamrzla. Interesting look at Japanese bookbinding techniques applied to interesting and unusual materials, from tea bags to shipping tags. The bookmark accordion book would be a great gift for a reader and is really easy to make.
“Hey! You kids get off my blog!!!” -Chaos