- Becky Black’s giving away ebook and print copies of her books – read the details and comment by April 14, 6 pm GMT.
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance), Dear Author (romance), Smart Bitches (romance), Gizmodo (fantasy & scifi), and Tor.com (fantasy, scifi, genre benders)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Bookity linkity from Smart Bitches. And more!
- Text like Shakespeare.
- Jane Austen Reading Room. (via stuffaboutminneapolis)
- Magers & Quinn is walking distance from me…
- “The impact of a single book“.
- “18 undeniable things all people who are obsessed with journals know to be true“. (via notebookmuseum)
- “14 old-fashioned words for writers“.
- “N” words.
- “R” words.
- Inkish linkity.
- Paper World.
- Australian kids’ books about animals…
- Abridged comic versions of literary classics.
- School librarians parodying “Bohemian Rhapsody”. (via mental_floss)
Think, Make, Learn, Do
- Look at pictures of penguins for science!
- Weird holidays in April.
- “Physics-themed homage to Wicked“.
- Ada Lovelace in 30 seconds.
- “21 vegetarian burgers, wraps, and sandwiches“.
- Banana split smoothie.
- Chai tiramisu.
- Black velvet nebula cake. (via gilajames)
- I loved this movie back in the day and I still own the soundtrack. Pretty sure I shouldn’t ever try to watch it again, though.
- I have the t-shirt.
- Harry Potter fan film.
- LEGO Bat Cave.
- If medieval explorers made maps of Mars…
Cool or Wha…?
- Hedgehog cafe.
- A rocking chair that knits.
- Underdesk hammock.
- Ice skating T-Rex.
- Warp speed noise generator.
- “Hipster white noise generator simulates working in a crowded coffee shop“.
- Beer marmalade.
- Pork curry-flavored cola.
- Counterfeit coffee?!?!
- “University backtracks on company-funded study claiming chocolate milk could treat concussions“.
- Cat battle armor, which you can 3D print yourself.
- “Manson family murderer mailed handwritten edits for his wikipedia page from prison“.
- LEGO French fry vending machine.
- Tribble livestream.
- Jack and Jill, xkcd style. (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
- “Peep” shows.
- What was the first murder mystery dinner?
Collage Journeys: A Practical Guide to Creating Personal Artwork by Jane Davies. What it says in the title. 🙂 Definitely one I’ll pick up for my collection – I think I like it the best of the collage-related books I’ve read.
Mixed-Media Journals: Creatively Chronicling Your Life by Katherine Duncan Aimone. My guess is that this scrapbooking book was all written and the editor decided they should try to pick up the art journaling crowd, so they changed the title and did a search and replace to use “art journaling” instead of scrapbooking a few times near the beginning of the book.
*bright cute thoughts* -Mayhem
*nefarious thoughts* -Chaos