Many thanks to Becky Black for donating an ebook copy of her freshly released m/m science fiction romance, Mapping the Shadows, for a lucky commenter to win!
Ash Bowman is lost. Two years ago he and his cop partner, Evelyn, walked in on a murder in progress that left her dead and him maimed. He left the force and became a private investigator, but business is suffering because of his obsession with mapping the Core of the space station Fraxin Yari, where Evelyn’s ghost haunts him as he prowls the dark corridors.
Journalist Gabe Whitfield is on a mission to learn the truth behind that same murder. He doesn’t expect to stay on Frax after he finishes the job. But meeting Ash Bowman changes his plans. He came to the station a man without ties. He isn’t going to leave the same way.
Despite initially mistrusting him, Ash can’t resist his attraction to the fiery Gabe. Gabe responds, though knows he shouldn’t when Ash is one of the subjects of his investigation. But they come to trust each other and join forces to find the answers Ash had almost forgotten he was still seeking. If they are to have any chance of happiness, Gabe must help Ash lay the ghosts calling him back again and again to the deep darkness of the Core.
Excerpt (scroll down and select “Excerpt” tab)
Becky talks about the history of Mapping the Shadows.
A long time science fiction fan, Becky thinks there are few story ideas that canâ€™t be improved by the addition of the words â€œin spaceâ€. If the story also includes two gorgeous men unable to keep their hands off each other then so much the better. Sheâ€™d happily go into space herself, but being English would insist on there being a reliable supply of tea available.
She likes nothing more than trapping her characters in tricky no-win situations and watching them figure a way out. When not chasing her characters up trees and throwing rocks at them Becky can be found working in an office â€“ where sheâ€™s usually thinking about the next rock to throw.
You can find out more about Becky and her books at her blog, Twitter, Facebook, and Goodreads.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT, Monday, July 6.
- By entering the contest, youâ€™re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you havenâ€™t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesnâ€™t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entryâ€¦
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry â€“ this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the â€œEmailâ€ portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesnâ€™t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the authorâ€™s intellectual property and donâ€™t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
21 thoughts on “Ebook giveaway: Mapping the Shadows by Becky Black [CONTEST CLOSED]”
Count me in please. that touch of sun does the trick.
Count me in please 🙂
Well, I never…
A recent post from margene..Who’s Your Daddy
Please count me in.
Intriguing premise, so pretty please count me in for this!
A recent post from Jody F..Book Spotlight for Never Let You Go by Katy Regnery
This looks great! Count me in please.
And Chaos is mapping the shadows behind his eyelids. 😉
I love Becky’s writing, so count me in!
count me in please
Please count me in! 🙂
Ooh yummy – this sounds delicious. I’m a new fan of Ms Black so am looking forward to this one. 🙂
Count me in, please!
I see that chaos is sleeping. Cats are so cute when they sleep. Thanks for the chance to win
Sounds good! Thanks for the giveaway 😉
Oooooo. please count me in 🙂
count me in please.
Please include me in the draw as well. Thanks
Add me to this one please.
Chaos – Just so you know I am snoozing but I am still aware of all that is happening in my domain 😀 thank you for the chance to win a copy of this book 🙂
Comments are closed.