Many thanks to JL Merrow for donating an ebook copy of her forthcoming paranormal historical m/m romance, Jack in the Green (2nd ed), for a lucky commenter to win!Â Jack in the Green will be released by JMS Books on May 3.
Stranded in a remote country village in 1920s England by his car breaking down, shy young Arthur finds himself drawn to the rough mechanic who comes to his aid, Bob Goodman. Forced to stay until the May Day holiday is over, Arthur makes the best of it, enjoying the village procession and fete.
But the villagers seem to know more about him than they should, and thereâ€™s a second, darker, May celebration that starts when the sunâ€™s gone down. In the drunken revelry that follows, Arthur is whisked off in a wild dance by Goodman, who plays the part of Jack in the Green, the spirit of the greenwood.
Dancing turns to loving, but is everything what it seems? And is one night all Arthur can have?
Note: This short story (approx. 7,500 words) was previously published as The Green Man. It has been fully revised and re-edited, but is substantially the same story as that previously available.
Excerpt (scroll down)
JL Merrow is that rare beast: an English person who refuses to drink tea.Â Having grown up by the seaside, she also loathes fish and chips.Â She read Natural Sciences at Cambridge, where she learned many things, chief amongst which was that she never wanted to see the inside of a lab ever again.Â Her one regret is that she never mastered the ability of punting one-handed whilst holding a glass of champagne. She writes across genres, with a preference for contemporaries and the paranormal, and is frequently accused of humour. You can find out more about JL at her website, blog, Facebook, Goodreads, and Amazon.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT, Friday, May 1.
- By entering the contest, youâ€™re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you havenâ€™t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesnâ€™t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entryâ€¦
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry â€“ this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the â€œEmailâ€ portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesnâ€™t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the authorâ€™s intellectual property and donâ€™t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“Ha! I wonder how long it will take May to notice that I am in her favorite kitty bed?!” -Chaos
39 thoughts on “Ebook giveaway: Jack in the Green (2nd ed) by JL Merrow [CONTEST CLOSED]”
Have been a JL Merrow fan for some time, sadly dont have all titles, but this would be a great addition
JL Merrow, yes please!
Keep a good lookout, Chaos, she’s probably creeping up behind you! 🙂
Please count me in. May will be back soon.
count me in please!
Sirius is in what Tamyra has claimed her bed today. Maybe it is switch beds day?
I would like to be entered, please! You can’t win if you don’t play.
Bad Chaos… stealing Princess Panther’s bed like that… she’s not going to be happy!
A recent post from Kate..Writing tunes……
Love JL Merrow books. Count me in, please.
I think Chaos is hoping Mayhem won’t notice him 🙂 Thank you for a chance to win a copy of this book, its not one that I have before
I suppose sharing the kitty bed is right out.
Count me in please!
Count me in too, thanks!
Please count me in.
Enjoy it while you can, Chaos, you know it won’t be long enough.
Love JL Merrow. Me please! 🙂
A recent post from Kaetrin..Review at Dear Author
I love JL Merrow’s books, and would be delighted to win this one! helenajustina at hotmail dot co dot uk
count me in please
Congratulations on the new release! Looking forward to reading it!
Mayhem knows you’re there, but she’s being kind and zen by not whupping your butt.
Yes please, count me in.
Please count me in. I just discovered JL Merrow’s books and am reading the Plumber’s Mate series. I loved Pressure Head, and I’m afraid I’m now a devoted fan. The writing is fantastic.
Soon Chaos, soon
looks good, thanks for the giveaway and please count me in!
I love JL Merrow.
I love JL Merrow’s books. Each new one is a wonderful treat I never deny myself…
Count me in the giveaway, please!
I would love a chance to add another JL Merrow book to my collection
If Chaos wasn’t a cat, I’d imagine a devilish little smirk being hidden behind that bed. As it is, he’s as expressionless as that boy on Jack in the Green…both of them hiding unknowable thoughts.
Oh, I don’t have this one! Please count me in 🙂
Count me in as well. This is one I’ve not read, even in an earlier incarnation.
Oooh – I haven’t read this one (in the first edition) Please count me in!
(And Chaos is looking lovely <3)
Please add me! I love JL Merrow.
Sounds promising. Please count me in. Thank you!
Can’t wait! Never enough JL Merrow for me!
So much Merrow lately, I love it!
Please count me it!
I Love every JL Merrow book.
Sounds intriguing, I haven’t read anything by J.L. Marrow yet but this sounds like a good book to start with!
Please count me in!
I am sooo late to this party, but a Merrow is a must.
I don’t know how I missed this one. Am I too late? I don’t know. It’s definitely gone 7pm where I am but I’m rubbish at time differences.
Comments are closed.