- And lo! a complete rainbow was seen through my living room window this evening:
- It is surprisingly hard to take a decent picture of a rainbow with a cell phone camera through a window… or maybe not so surprising.
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (UF/romance) and Tor.com (UF, genre benders, fantasy, scifi)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Ellora’s Cave is suing Dear Author. Update from Dear Author about the Ellora’s Cave suit.
- AAR writes about the Ellora’s Save suit against Dear Author. So does VacuousMinx. So does Smart Bitches. So does Kaetrin. Plus a signal boost post from Kaetrin.
- Dear Author on anonymity.
- “In defense of romance novels or Imma read what I want“.
- Doesn’t sound like ebooks are hurting print sales in the US. (via Emma Sea)
- Visualization of bestselling books since 2000.
- Le Petit Jedi. (via The Mary Sue)
- Shakespearean… lip balm?
- We’ve all read these fanfics… (via solarcat)
Do, Think, Make, Learn
- 15 unusual October holidays.
- 40 years of US household income inequality.
- Cars from 1999 and above don’t need tuneups.
- London’s converting phone booths into solar charging stations.
- What if everything was antimatter except Earth?
- 17 recipes using apples. 11 more recipes using apples.
- 10 recipes using fall vegetables.
- 10 decadent mac & cheese recipes.
- Butternut squash on toast.
- Vegan pumpkin pancakes.
- Chickpea, pumpkin, and sage stew.
- Roasted broccoli chickpea burgers with spicy mayo. (via The Kitchn)
- Healthy skillet lasagna. (via The Kitchn)
- Mexican chicken soup.
- Chorizo avocado grilled cheese. (via The Kitchn)
- Stuffed pizza skulls. (via The Mary Sue)
- Pumpkin cake.
- Pumpkin cheesecake pudding shots. (via CRAFT)
- Chai spiced apple cider.
- Starbucks-style apple pound cakes.
- Apple butter layer cake.
- Hot chocolate cookies.
- Pumpkin chocolate cranberry biscotti.
- Spinach dip with homemade onion soup mix.
- The top 10 opening montages from the CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada. (Some of these gave me chills.)
- Beware your stick figure drawings!
- The Duet, an animated video.
- NASA’s mission posters are delightful. (via Tor.com)
- The One Ring fire pit. (via The Mary Sue)
- LEGO Doom.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Granola bars with Pop Rocks in them. (via The Kitchn)
- Windows95 backpack.
- “FTC: You cannot lose weight by wearing caffeinated underpants“.
- No. No woman should own 15 cat dresses, no matter how amazing.
- Tetris is being made into a live-action movie.
- 25 best drunk texting autocorrects.
- September’s 25 best autocorrects.
- The iOS keyboard completes movie quotes. (Hover your cursor/long-press for additional text.)
Street Magic (Black London #1) by Caitlin Kittredge. Pretty good London-based urban fantasy about a detective inspector who discovers the informant she’s meeting is the mage she thought died over a decade ago – a death that left her traumatized. We’ll see how far I make it into this series…
7 thoughts on “Linkity loves rainbows”
Oh, at last, home for a nice Friday morning time suck with linkity! I had to get a new car (2012 – I had a 15 year old focus) and I can’t even figure out how the entertainment system works, never mind how to change the oil. Glad I have some time to figure it out!
Those stick figures were funneh
And now I’ll join Chaos for an hour of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Does the rainbow mean you’re having nice weather?
Poor boring Chaos. Where’s May?
I always love looking at rainbows. Although not as good as in person, the photo is still very nice.
I’ve been reading some UF so I’ll have to keep Street Magic in mind.
I need cat lady dresses!!!!!
So now what am I going to do with all those iPants I bought?
I love rainbows – do you see double rainbows? They are pretty amazing when they occur.
I am amused by the cat dresses.