- Blodeuedd’s giving away a copy of Frisky Business by Tawna Fenske. Closes May 18. US & Canada.
- Blodeuedd’s also giving away a copy of The Forgotten Seamstress by Liz Trenow. Closes May 18. US & Canada.
- Kassa wonders why sex in YA novels isn’t considered ok. Keira Andrews wonders if there should be sex in YA.
Do, Think, Make, Learn
- “10 comics that can help you understand mental illness” (of course Hyperbole and a Half is one!).
- History of the chocolate chip. (Spoiler: That Toll House story is a lie!)
- Most commonly spoken language by state after English and Spanish. (Guess for Minnesota before you follow the link. I’ll be really surprised if anyone guesses correctly!)
- Turn a tshirt into a cat tent. (via CRAFT) (Jeanne! We could totally do this! Looks much less messy than decoupage was.)
- Minneapolis: Weisman Art Museum. Spoonbridge and Cherry. Driving into downtown. Downtown skyline. Downtown.
Cool or Wha…?
- Frozen treats made with NHL arena ice. (EWWWW.)
- Hedging reporters. (Hover your cursor for additional text.)
- Kittens! Tiger and babies! Baby cheetah! Black kitten! Black kitten! Kitten! Ducklings! Kitten! Kitten! Tiger and babies! Takin and baby! Chinchilla! Lioness and babies! Lynx and baby! Lioness and baby!
- Do you really expect one at this point?
(That’s his back foot in the upper right corner of the picture, if that helps.)