- We had sevenish inches of snow Wednesday night… and it will be 73F on Sunday.
- Chaos’ cornea is healed! Still have to put ointment in his eye through Sunday. Giving him a treat after each application of ointment means he comes running and sometimes purrs throughout.
- Cool custom ring that I love (and am wearing right now). The custom part is that I picked the quote.
- Blodeuedd’s giving away a copy of The Miracle Thief by Iris Anthony. Closes April 26. US & Canada.
- Ava March is giving away a pdf ARC of Sharp Love (Gambling on Love #2)! Closes midnight EST, April 30.
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (UF/romance)
- “To warn or not to warn, or is that even the question?” And related, “Fetish reading and genre reading“. Is it courteous to warn? (via julio)
- VacuousMinx ponders why serials garner such strong reactions. (HATE THEM!! HATE!! *ahem*)
Think, Do, Make, Learn
- The IRS trying to convince people (in the early 1960s) that it would be ok for it to use computers. (Flashback to the 1864 1040 form.)
- Kids these days – no idea what a Walkman is! Sheesh. (And get off my lawn!)
- What would happen if the Earth’s rotation sped up so each day was only a second long? (Spoiler: BAD THINGS.)
Cool or Wha…?
- Orbital mechanics, xkcd style. (Hover your cursor for additional text.)
- Baby penguins! Baby lions! Otters and babies! Black kitty! Baby wallabies! Lioness and baby! Meerkats! Baby lion! Baby lion! Baby penguins! Baby mountain lions! Baby takin! Lions! Kittens!
Tales from the Pittsburgh Penguins Locker Room: A Collection of the Greatest Penguins Stories Ever Told by Joe Starkey & Mike Lange. Good collection of anecdotes from current and former players, coaches, and more. My only real issue with the book was how randomly the anecdotes were organized within the time period sections, so my logical brain kept trying to detect a pattern where there was none to be found.