- The view from my living room window on January 30 – the grey stripe along the bottom is snow piled up on the window ledge outside (click to embiggen):
- Blodeuedd’s giving away a set of three books in the Cowboys & Brides series by Carolyn Brown, plus a cowboy charm. Closes February 8. US & Canada.
- Blodeuedd’s also giving away a copy of Under a Jeweled Sky by Alison McQueen. Closes February 8. US only.
- Vacuous Minx discusses notebooks (the kind you write in). She also wonders “where have all the readers gone”?
- “The self-pub ‘shit volcano’ will end“. “Debunking the ‘self-pub shit volcano’ – not shit, nor a problem, and [it is] not going away“.
- If you enjoy reading new scifi writers, download the 2014 Cambellian Anthology for free for a limited time.
Do, Think, Make, Learn
- Not sure how long the new Google doodle will be up, but it’s a good one for the start of the Sochi Olympics, taking on Russia’s anti-gay laws.
Cool or Wha…?
- Weird water towers. (I grew up in Rochester, Minnesota, so that ear of corn water tower doesn’t look weird to me…)
- More problems from Sochi. (via mental_floss) (But here are some viral “photos from Sochi” that are fake.)
- Oh, and hey, apparently Russian officials are taking surveillance videos in the bathrooms in Sochi?! o.O
- Baby lions! Penguins and babies! Baby red pandas! Black kitten! Otter and baby! Lioness and baby! Fennec!
- Oh hockey fics, I love you so…
“There really haven’t been enough stripey socks for me to park my butt on lately, Mom. Do something about that!” -Mayhem
Those are my SIL’s 2013 birthday socks, finished before her 2014 birthday at least…