Congrats to Sandi, who won Walk with Me (Home #7) by Cardeno C! Walk with Me is being released today by Dreamspinner Press.
Congrats to Julia, who won Itâ€™s All Geek to MeÂ by JL Merrow! Itâ€™s All Geek to Me will be released by Riptide Publishing on February 10.
Congrats to Bobbie, who won One Good DeedÂ by Andrew Grey!Â One Good Deed will be released by Dreamspinner Press onÂ February 10.
- The view from my living room window on January 30 – the grey stripe along the bottom is snow piled up on the window ledge outside (click to embiggen):
- Blodeuedd’s giving away a set of three books in the Cowboys & Brides series by Carolyn Brown, plus a cowboy charm. Closes February 8. US & Canada.
- Blodeuedd’s also giving away a copy of Under a Jeweled Sky by Alison McQueen. Closes February 8. US only.
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (UF/romance) and Tor.com (PNR)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Vacuous Minx discusses notebooks (the kind you write in). She also wonders “where have all the readers gone”?
- “The self-pub ‘shit volcano’ will end“. “Debunking the ‘self-pub shit volcano’ – not shit, nor a problem, and [it is] not going away“.
- If you enjoy reading new scifi writers, download the 2014 Cambellian Anthology for free for a limited time.
Do, Think, Make, Learn
- Make LEGO minifig soap. (via CRAFT)
- Fiery garlic tofu. (via The Kitchn)
- Nutella hot chocolate. (via The Kitchn)
- I-cord bind off tutorial. (via CRAFT)
- Not sure how long the new Google doodle will be up, but it’s a good one for the start of the Sochi Olympics, taking on Russia’s anti-gay laws.
Cool or Wha…?
- Weird water towers. (I grew up in Rochester, Minnesota, so that ear of corn water tower doesn’t look weird to me…)
- 20-sided pecan pie. (via CRAFT)
- More problems from Sochi. (via mental_floss) (But here are some viral “photos from Sochi” that are fake.)
- Oh, and hey, apparently Russian officials are taking surveillance videos in the bathrooms in Sochi?! o.O
- Baby lions! Penguins and babies! Baby red pandas! Black kitten! Otter and baby! Lioness and baby! Fennec!
- Oh hockey fics, I love you so…
“There really haven’t been enough stripey socks for me to park my butt on lately, Mom. Do something about that!” -Mayhem
Those are my SIL’s 2013 birthday socks, finished before her 2014 birthday at least…
13 thoughts on “Linkity from the depths of frozen winter despair”
Linkety??? What day is it??? Yes, I’m on holiday. 😀
I am unresponsive due to the cold. Waiting for it to be 22F. Seriously, I got excited about that! I love the sliding winter olympics link – it didn’t have my favorite, sliding on two boards and shooting a rifle.
Chris- We’re up to our armpits in it too.
I want to go make some Lego soaps- what a great idea.
That is an excellent question.
Thor obviously didn’t listen to Edna. NO CAPES.
I don’t know about you but I’m sick of snow! It’s making for an unending winter! I hope you’re getting through it okay, especially with the body aches you’ve been having. Here’s to summer arriving soon and thanks again for an awesome group of links (particularly Downton Tabby)!
Thanks for the diversions! Loved the LEGO Escher, Periodic Table of Storytelling, your cartoon about the face hurting (we’ve been frozen in since Tuesday evening as the diesel wouldn’t start and wind hills were too much for the mile walk to the bus stop), and Downton Tabby.
Poor Mayhem. Bibs maybe?
Those unicorn high heels are…disturbing.
That is seriously a lot of snow! (Said by someone who is sitting in shorts and a t-shirt thinking it’s rather humid…it’s currently 22 degrees Celsius [71 degrees Fahrenheit for those of you who refuse to join the metric age *grin*].)
Thank you so much for the bookity! Can I be cheeky and ask if the 2014 button will be joining the other buttons?
OMG those socks are gorgeous! I can see why May likes to sit on them 🙂
And, yes, the Winter Olympics has started. I might try and watch one of the ice hockey games tonight…I must confess it looks a lot like a free-for-all, but I am assured that there are rules 🙂
I checked our uniforms yesterday, I liked them, very normal and blue
Why DO you live somewhere where the air hurts your face?
A lasagna wrap? That sounds potentially very tasty…
Nice socks! I must sit down now as you seem to have been knitting 🙂
I love those baked breakfast ideas!
That snore pillow wouldn’t work here. My husband can snore in ANY position.