- On Saturday, the movers (Tyler and Tyler) moved the bulk of my worldly goods from my old third-floor condo (no elevator) to my new condo 6.5 blocks away… on the same street.
- Hey, I like my neighborhood! 🙂
- And I am soooooo glad I hired movers (a first for me) – it was worth every penny.
- But oh, I forgot how time consuming it is to unpack and find a place for everything…
- Need to buy more shelf lining paper – have so far gone through around 55 feet of the 18″ wide stuff and I am not done.
- Ava March is giving away winner’s choice of Men Under the Mistletoe or O Come All Ye Kinky holiday anthologies. Closes July 17, midnight EDT.
- Blodeuedd’s giving away A Spy To Die For by Kris DeLake. Closes July 20. US & Canada.
- Blodeuedd’s also giving away Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe by Jenny Colgan. Closes August 4. US & Canada.
- New releases and more: Elisa Rolle (LGBT), Rarely Dusty Books (m/m), Fiction Vixen (romance), Tor.com (PNR), and Literary Escapism (UF/PNR)
- “There’s a 12-foot tall statue of Colin Firth’s wet-shirted Mr. Darcy emerging from a lake in Hyde Park.“
- The Pay-What-You-Can Humble Ebook Bundle includes content from xkcd, Wil Wheaton, Holly Black, Peter S. Beagle, and Neil Gaiman.
Do, Think, Make, Learn
- Another Google Reader replacement. And another. Zombie Reader lets you sort through your downloaded personal Google Reader archive.
Cool or Wha…?
- Interesting side effect of so many people having camera phones. (Make sure you hover your cursor for additional text.)
- May doesn’t sit on my head, but she’ll make happy paws in my hair when I’m in bed, which takes bed head to whole new heights.
Undone Deeds (Connor Grey #6) by Mark del Franco. This is a book that seemed to be trying too hard and simultaneously not trying hard enough, as the first half was slow and the second half was hella fast. Refreshing your memory of Celtic mythology before you read it wouldn’t be amiss.
“Well, I guess this new purple couch is ok…” -Chaos
Picture taken from my new purple chaise lounge. 🙂