Work continues to be busy and mentally exhausting. Someday… someday this project will be deployed. Hopefully during my lifetime.
- Wrapped Up in Books is giving away an ebook copy of Honour by AF Henley. Closes March 11.
- Pants Off Reviews is also giving away an ebook copy of Honour by AF Henley. Closes March 13.
- Blodeuedd’s giving away Cover Me, Hot Zone, and Under Fire by Catherine Mann. Closes March 17.
- New releases and more: Rarely Dusty Books (m/m romance), Pants Off Reviews (m/m romance), Elisa Rolle (LGBT), Tor.com (PNR, UF), and Fiction Vixen (romance & UF).
- Lisa at the Novel Approach wonders if reviewers should be giving separate ratings for content and for editing.
- Now that I think about it, the Dragonriders of Pern series was probably my first exposure to same-sex couples in fiction, too. Read the comments for some good SFF recommendations with queer characters.
- “Makers of Fifty Shades of Porn parody countersue Universal, claim the book is public domain because fanfiction”.
- TeleRead wonders if the abundance of free ebooks is devaluing books. Definitely read the comments.
Do, Think, Make, Learn
- 13 buildings made of ice. (Yes, Minnesota is represented.)
- Will we end up with gluten-free shampoo labels in the US? (I know the science on this gets weird, in that gluten molecules are too large to be absorbed through skin, but I also know that I get itchy if I accidentally buy shampoo/conditioner without looking at the label and it turns out to have gluten in it. YMMV.)
Cool or Wha…?
- Cat! Pine forest fox! Kitten! Jaguar and babies! Baby jaguar! Maned wolf and babies! Cat! Kitten! Baby muntjac! Snow leopard and baby! Kitten! Black kitten! Baby polar bear! Kitten! Baby koala! Baby Nabarlek! Otters! Baby foxes!
- Hockey fics… and no one is surprised at all.
“Hmm. I wonder what this thing tastes like?” -Mayhem